• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk 10.4.4 all backups scheduled after 00:00:00 are done at the same time?

Lupker

New Pleskian
Hi all,

After a migration from Plesk 9.5.4 to Plesk 10.4.4 I've noticed that all my scheduled backups (backupmng) after 00:00:00 are all done at the same time many hours later.

First day all my backups started at 10:30 and today at 7:00...
You understand my server is getting pretty slow around these times...

The backups before 00:00:00 are done correctly on time.

Any clue what the problem is here? Because I rather have the backups run during night...

Thanks for your input!
Gr,
Mark

These are the settings:

10,25,40,55 * * * * root [ -x /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng ] && /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1

Thanks!

This should run every day at 1 AM.

0 1 * * * root [ -x /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng ] && /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1

Try replacing it with that ... (or you can adjust the time accordingly)

Thanks for your answer, I do not understand your solution. The backups are planned from 21:00 till 6:00 at night.
When I change this to your suggested setting, the backup manager will start at 1 AM and server will be busy again with the backups before < 1 AM ? Or am I mistaken?

No, what that means is that the backup manager will start running at exactly 1 AM. Usually this time is best as you have little traffic on your server ..(Ofcourse you change the time to your own preference)

I understand, but I make backups per reseller of customer account (around 20) and these are scheduled from 21:00 till 6:00. The 10,25,40,55 * * * * setting should pick these up 4 times in an hour. In Plesk 9 this was working fine.

In Plesk 10 this is not the case. All backups scheduled before 00:00 are going fine, but all scheduled after this time are backuped together several hours later.

So it has something to do with the scheduler and the time settings after 00:00 / new day or so?

Hope you understand the situation?

Gr,
Mark

Back