• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10.4.4 and Joomla 1.7

NicolaA

New Pleskian
Hello everyone! I'm having some problems with Joomla 1.7.3 installed via application vault in Plesk 10.4.4. Web hosting is configured to run PHP for FastCGI application. After the installation is done, if I create folders via the CMS, then I'm unable to write in it via FTP even if the folder has the right permissions and owner. I have no problem if I use Joomla 1.5.x

Please someone could help me to find a fix?

Thanks in advance
Simone

Same Problem on FTP & Plesk 1.4.4

i have the same Problem
Folders that they are Created by joomla Have Apache owner not domain holder owner
and because of that i cant change permission using CHMOD and cause joomla Appearance and work malfunction
i solved my problem temporary by hand using CHOWN command and change owner of my target folder using -R ( recursive ) switch

please answer and tell us when this problem going to be solve ?

We have been approached by our client with a very similar problem relating to permissions.

1. Configuration.php is not writable causes development issues.

2. FastCGI not working correctly with default App install permissions.

Is deploying Joomla via App install supposed to be seamless?

Same problem.. But installing latest Joomla 2.5.4 in Plesk 10.4.4.

It seems as if this is a common issue with installing Joomla via Plesk auto-installer app manager.

I can get Joomla 2.5.4(latest) to install in Plesk, but if I create any site it does not show up.
Only the site created with Plesk WPB shows...

What is the trick on getting the Joomla site to be active and not one created with Plesk?

Hello everyone! I'm having some problems with Joomla 1.7.3 installed via application vault in Plesk 10.4.4. Web hosting is configured to run PHP for FastCGI application. After the installation is done, if I create folders via the CMS, then I'm unable to write in it via FTP even if the folder has the right permissions and owner. I have no problem if I use Joomla 1.5.x

Please someone could help me to find a fix?

Thanks in advance
Simone
Where do you find so old joomla? I just checked joomla 2.5 (from catalog) and it works fine.

I am having the same problem with permissions. The auto installer works fine, however when I manually move my files via root from my other webserver it doesnt work.

It seems to be that I am running into a structural problem regarding permissions. Folders and files are on 755/644 which should work? However they are not writeable at all and ocassionally I get a 403 error response.

P.S. this is for Joomla 1.5 / 1.7, Autoinstaller 2.5. works great!

Back