• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10.4.4 MX/DNS Bug after 10.3.1 upgrade

Please, click on the "DNS Settings" showed in that screen, 2nd row, 2nd column, under "file manager", next to "FTP Access" and show me the next screen. (see attached)

I've been there many times... Here's the screen shot attachment:

Attachments

• DNS Zone MGR.jpg
    DNS Zone MGR.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 9
Oh, silly me! I finally see the problem, we both were talking about different options, I'm sorry.

When you upgrade to 10.4.4, your subdomain will get its own DNS zone, so A records will be created in subdomain zone, and consequently will be deleted from main domain zone

I think there will be no problem with the upgrade, but you should write down all subdomain records like "shop" CNAME so you are able to create them again in the new DNS zone that will be created for your subdomain.

I hope I made myself clear this time.

Oh, silly me! I finally see the problem, we both were talking about different options, I'm sorry.

When you upgrade to 10.4.4, your subdomain will get its own DNS zone, so A records will be created in subdomain zone, and consequently will be deleted from main domain zone

I think there will be no problem with the upgrade, but you should write down all subdomain records like "shop" CNAME so you are able to create them again in the new DNS zone that will be created for your subdomain.

I hope I made myself clear this time.

Okay..thats what I was beginning to suspect.. I won't see it because I never went to 10.4. I just don't want to lose my store.. Again.. I can't thank you enough for all the time you've wasted on me and my little problem. You're Awesome!

matt

Ok, when you finally make the upgrade (we both know it's a matter of time, hehe) please, share with us your results.

P.S. You could always use external DNS server temporally so dns changes in plesk during update won't affect your store.
You change your domain's nameservers, wait a couple of days, deploy the upgrade, check everything and get back to you previous domain's nameservers ;-)

Ok, when you finally make the upgrade (we both know it's a matter of time, hehe) please, share with us your results.

P.S. You could always use external DNS server temporally so dns changes in plesk during update won't affect your store.
You change your domain's nameservers, wait a couple of days, deploy the upgrade, check everything and get back to you previous domain's nameservers ;-)

Okay.. so I'm back.. I had to upgrade my php to 5.3.3 in the plesk control panel and then I was able to upgrade the Plesk to 10.4.4.. everything seems to be working except for my store.. I do have the 2 zone files now for dryheatembroidery.com and store.dryheatembroidery.com. Do I understand you correctly in that I should enable DNS master for store.xxxx and then remove any references to store.xxx in the DNS for dryheatembroidery.com?

FYI: all my email seems to be working as well. (the original posters issue.. Sorry about the hijack on this thread)

Yes, IMHO that should be the way. If you have updated, upgrade process should have deleted the record in the main domain, so go ahead and set dns master mode for the subdomain.
Good luck ;-)

Yes, IMHO that should be the way. If you have updated, upgrade process should have deleted the record in the main domain, so go ahead and set dns master mode for the subdomain.
Good luck ;-)

It still says error occured.. thats all it says in the upper left corner. Do you know if I have to move my stores files or should they work from where they were?

matt

It still says error occured.. thats all it says in the upper left corner. Do you know if I have to move my stores files or should they work from where they were?

matt

Tracked it down.. I'm using CS-Cart on my dedicated server and it seems the upgrade from 10.3.1 to 10.4.4 changed some of the file permissions in the subdomain files. Only took me about 3 hours to track it down (thanks to some great help from GOOGLE searches) and now all is working.

The help I got on here was very valuable. thank you!

matt

Back