• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10.4.4 Upgrade Scheduled Backup not working

Hi IgorG,

Tried the

rpm -q --scripts psa-backup-manager | sed 1d | sh

I just got the prompt returned, nothing at all, error or output.

Hi IgorG,

Tried the

rpm -q --scripts psa-backup-manager | sed 1d | sh

I just got the prompt returned, nothing at all, error or output.

result see in new file
/etc/cron.d/plesk-backup-manager

and in cron log
(*system*) RELOAD (/etc/cron.d/plesk-backup-manager)

Looks like the bug is caused by the wrong user:

Dec 5 03:57:01 server crond[3472]: (*system*) RELOAD (/etc/cron.d/plesk-backup-manager)
Dec 5 04:00:01 server crond[3472]: (*system*) RELOAD (/etc/cron.d/plesk-backup-manager)
Dec 5 04:00:02 server crond[3472]: (CRON) bad username (/etc/cron.d/plesk-backup-manager)
Dec 6 03:40:49 server run-parts(/etc/cron.daily)[12692]: starting 50plesk-daily

The bad username looks like the issue.

Another work around?

Interesting thing with me is that I ran that rpm command and got nothing but the prompt after also. But my overnight scheduled backup ran. Unfortunately, it finished with an error. I have some mid-day online store backups scheduled, so I am waiting to see if they run and if they do, whether they complete successfully.

Manually started backups still work just fine. All are going to a remote personal FTP repository.

Hi,
I found same problem, try checking "Use passive mode" on Personal FTP directory configuration.
Solve it temporally for me...

Thanks Aldricd. However, I have that setting checked and no joy.

I have managed to get the backup manager running by following this thread. Unfortunately it is not doing backups correctly. All domains, including the full server backup, have adopted the same time of day. Whatever time I add to the very first domain ever added to the server, then that is the time that every backup will attempt to run. Talk about load the server. Checking settings for each domain confirms that every domain has a different time scheduled. It seems that the upgrade has caused backup manager to read only one value for time despite a different value being scheduled.

To give the server a breather, all backups have been turned off until Parallels, or one of the many clever people here, does does find a solution.

Hi Folks!

Manually adding the Backup Manager to the crontab (6,21,36,51 * * * * /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1) as 105547111 suggested worked for us.
However, on one server there was a followup problem (see here). I'm not sure if this is in any way related to the crontab adjustment - for me there is no apparent connection.
Does anyone have similar problems or did you all go without adding the Backup Manager to the crontab?

Kind regards,
morlock

Hi,

i've found my nightly backup to a FTP space also not working today, even after my system has updated to 10.4.4 MU6.

The backup jobs in the domain control panel are working, but the backup job for the whole server to FTP space (Server Tools & Settings -> Backup Manager) is not doing it's job.

Just did a manual update to MU7 ... any advice concerning the backups? Do i need to delete the job and reenter it to get it working?

Last edited:
Hi,
My backups aren't being scheduled. I updated the schedule via plesk, that didn't work. I tried creating a crontab via plesk like one article said, that didn't work. Manually running the backup does work, for local and remote ftp. I'm running 10.4.4 Update #22 on CentOS release 5.5.

My /etc/cron.d/plesk-backup-manager :
3,18,33,48 * * * * root [ -x /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng ] && /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1

Any advice?

Last edited:
In our case Cron daemon was not running after upgrading to 10.4.4.

After starting it manually scheduled backups started to work.

In our case too Cron demon was not running for some reason, even updating from 9.5.1 to 9.5.4 didn't help.

"/etc/init.d/crond start" resolved it.

.-)

Hi,

i've found my nightly backup to a FTP space also not working today, even after my system has updated to 10.4.4 MU6.

The backup jobs in the domain control panel are working, but the backup job for the whole server to FTP space (Server Tools & Settings -> Backup Manager) is not doing it's job.

Just did a manual update to MU7 ... any advice concerning the backups? Do i need to delete the job and reenter it to get it working?

Igor, has updated the thread here: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=260889 with a patch for starting the schedule cron job

Back