• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10 needs a license - can I use 12? Licensing compatibility

GMaciolek

New Pleskian
I have a Plesk 10 server that I need to "split" into two servers as part of a sale. (Fun!) This of course means I'm going to need to do some re-IPing, but also that I need a license for one of them.

Is the Plesk 12 license compatible with Plesk 10 machines? Can I buy a Plesk 10 license anywhere?

(Why is it that I feel like I've had nothing but headache and heartache with Plesk licensing? 3 "permanent" licenses @ $1500 each that got invalidated years ago because the associated account's credit card expired & they couldn't charge for the additional $15/mo license - and literally years of attempts to get support for that. Really, folks? I love the product, but whenever someone asks me what control panel to use, I say "If you can be 100% certain that you'll never, ever, ever have an issue with billing or accounting, and you're willing to risk being locked out of your own systems? Plesk, because the product is great. But if those things are issues, look elsewhere. But, that's a different rant for a different day).

Back