• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

plesk 10 skins and interface management

Igor,

Two problems with "create and use own".

a) Plesk 9 already had multiple practical "skins". All "skins" that used the full monitor space, and rarely required users to scroll below the screen to get things done. They were all "thrown away" in the move to Plesk 10, leaving behind only a tiny little 860px wide skin, which is really, really strange. No one I know has used a monitor that is only 900px wide in many years.

b) Your customers should not have to build their own skins to get a practical product. Building skins is for people with special needs, such as a skin that matches their other tools, or for people that just like to fiddle.

My screen res is 1920x1080 and my second screen is 1440x900. Most people have wide-screen so creating a layout that utilizes that would be preferable.

i ll create my own skin within the next weeks. if some of you are interested post what you wanna have in a skin and i try to built it in. i ll provide my skin in this forum when its done

Plesk Panel 10.1.1 MU#6 - Product Integration Fixes – is available since Feb 4, 2011 through the Autoinstaller.

The Update delivers following bug fixes:

- Hide featured apps. The Panel users can hide blocks that promote apps (Administrator can do it both in the Server Administration and Control Panels, customers can hide the promos only in Control Panel).

- Issue resolved: The promo block warped the layout of the Server Settings page in IE.

How can I turn on Home screen options that I accidentally turned off with Hide This Offer? Without even a confirmation it did it when I intended to clikc the Setup button. Specifically, the Google tools.

Hello all,
this is a first preview of my plesk10 "clean white and grey" theme.
till now only customer panel is ready. all icons are default plesk icons. sorry for bad pic quality.

what do you think about it?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• p10_skin1.jpg
    p10_skin1.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 75
  • p10_skin2.jpg
    p10_skin2.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 64
  • p10_skin3.jpg
    p10_skin3.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 66
  • p10_skin4.jpg
    p10_skin4.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• skin_00_default_01.png
    skin_00_default_01.png
    90.7 KB · Views: 73
  • skin_00_default_02.png
    skin_00_default_02.png
    108.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
All of them are looking very very well cool work Igor. i think i ll switch to your lite grey version as basis for my clean white and grey theme.

I hope the new themes are a little bit more css designed not so much background-images ;) ?
Its very hard to skin if you have to overwrite 10! background images from 10 different classes to style one single box :(

Unfortunately it is inevitable payment for support of all modern and old browsers...
As far as I know it will be improved later.

Last edited:
What are the browsers you are supporting with plesk? still IE6? Of course not all browsers support css rounded-corners and things like that but is it a problem if some older browsers dont see rounded corners?
plesk will work in this browsers too with a little different "design".

In my oppinion 12 html elements (divs) 10 css classes and 10 background images are a heavy payload to get a single box styled well for a few older browsers.

I have removed all background images in my skin. All things (shadows, rounded corners and so on) are done with css. The skin is working well in all browsers (IE7 too) but look a little bit different in older browsers not supporting this css3 things (IE7, IE8).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, lhwparis

No, the new themes are made in the same old style with background-images our products have to look good in as many browsers as possible, and there is a lot of them, unfortunately ;)

But I think we can make the all-new-css3-only version of light grey theme and post it here, will it work for you?

Hello, lhwparis

No, the new themes are made in the same old style with background-images our products have to look good in as many browsers as possible, and there is a lot of them, unfortunately ;)

But I think we can make the all-new-css3-only version of light grey theme and post it here, will it work for you?

Of course it would be very cool if you provide some themes using moderne technology (css3) so your customers can decide if they want to use an "old browser compatible version" or the newer version. another point is that a css3 skin is a very better basis to customize because some css values (colors) are changeable very fast, background images not ;)

Igor,

So how exactly does all these new fancy liquid interfaces work with those of us running Plesk in Poweruser mode?

I don't seem able to find a way to even configure a skin?
Under interface management there seems to be only the selection of language and some button setup?
No visual styles?

Back