• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

plesk 10 skins and interface management

lhwparis

I am not a complete idiot.
Not sure whether your RTFM response quite apply here.

The issue here is that the PowerUser interface is an entirely different look and feel from the templates shown above.
One section only, with a combined administrator and Control panel interface. No left panel at all.

Question relates to whether these templates change anything for Plesk in PowerUser mode, and where to select a new skin in Plesk, since there is no such skin selection visible now. I would be very disappointed when the new skins are released and they end up fixing nothing for PowerUser configurations.

A continuation of the topic that started this thread about the new puny little < 900 pixel wide interface and the fact that the much better liquid interface was lost going from Plesk 9 to Plesk 10.

I am sure that was why Igor was sure to point out out that the new default interface was a new liquid interface.

Question is whether that fixes the PowerUser interface as well, so my very wide screen space can be utilized, without having to scroll below the fold on every screen.

I don't seem able to find a way to even configure a skin?
Under interface management there seems to be only the selection of language and some button setup?

you asked how to setup a skin or have i missunderstoud your question?

why you dont try the new skins and see what they are doing in power-user-mode. there is an option to switch back to default theme so you can switch back every time.

All the new themes should work in Power User mode as well - just try them and let me know if you have any problems with it. Installation of new themes can be done in command line only for now (exactly as lhwparis noted), but we're considering to bring it back in UI soon.

Regarding liquid interface as default one for new version - I'm not sure. But I can send you with exact css code changes to be done to switch from fixed to liquid mode.

I installed the new themes. The new default liquid one works fine as a replacement for PowerUser mode. (I didn;t realize until I had logged out and back in).

So now I have liquid PowerUser. Thanks!!

One question remains. Where in the PowerUser interface does one select a skin?
Normally it is under the user profile preferences, but this does not exist the same way for power user.
Only selectable item is language. No template/skin.
In the Server settings section for Interface there are no selection for skin either.

I'm very glad you like the themes - any your comments (what is missed, what is to be done) are very welcome.

There's no skin selection in Plesk UI now - i know it was in plesk 9.x and earlier, and we missed in 10, and we're going to bring it back.

one important question: why is custom.css included in front of layout.css for top.php3 and left.php3 ??
this dosent make any sense. i think custom.css is there to overwrite styles in layout.css but thats impossible at the moment. will you fix it please?

edit: one more thing: why is there no custom.php included in control-panel main frame but there is a custom.css in panel/skins/default/css/admin

edit2: sorry parallels but you "themes" are a complete desaster!! do you have ever cleaned them up since plesk7 ??
i wonderd why the "plesk" folder with plesk 8/9 skin is needed, now i know. some parts are completly included with old styles like the file-manager. many "boxes" which look same are styled with two or more completly different solutions (css class names html structure ...) its horrible... thats absolute no fun to create themes!

Last edited by a moderator:
1. You're right about custom.css in the top and left frames - I've already sent request to dev team to fix it. I will let you know when it is done

2. Yes, not all Plesk 9 screens were rebuilt in new style in Plesk 10 and now we have to keep old css as well. I know, it is not so fun to handle with all the multiple files, and we're planning to do a redesign of skins files/structure to make it much easier to work with.

Ok thanks Nik,
a nother screenshot from the admin panel: skin will be released this weekend after some finetuning

attachment.php

Attachments

• p10_skin5.jpg
    p10_skin5.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 84
wow great Nik thanks! very quick fixed!
Now i can remove a lot "!important" from my styles ;)

Thank you very much!

and btw, the "light grey" css3 skin is under way, I'm going to post it here next week.

hey Nik,
next problem: there are different behaviours in the mail admin panel (main frame).
the new areas like resellers and so on have NO custom.css :( only the parts taken from old plesk9 skin folder have custom.css included. is it possible to provide a custom.css for all the new parts too? i think its very much better to overwrite things in custom.css and let the default style as it is instead of editing the style.

hey Nik,
next problem: there are different behaviours in the mail admin panel (main frame).
the new areas like resellers and so on have NO custom.css :( only the parts taken from old plesk9 skin folder have custom.css included. is it possible to provide a custom.css for all the new parts too? i think its very much better to overwrite things in custom.css and let the default style as it is instead of editing the style.

ok, got it - I've asked dev team for the fix

Thanks for that Nik i have tested it and i like it very much:) great work!

Hello,

After you install the skin skin_red_v1 what it is that is not extended.

How to have it be extended over the entire browser

1303331990-U1.png

Thx,

Hello, cmer

The following changes to be done in /default/css/customer/main.css file

----

Replace

#page {
margin: 0 auto;
width: 944px;
}

with

#page {
margin: 0 20px;
}

----

Replace

#footer-wrapper {
margin: -67px auto 0;
padding: 0 20px 0 0;
width: 924px;
background: #5b001c url(../../img/layout-bottom-bg.png) 100% 0 no-repeat;
}

with

#footer-wrapper {
margin: -67px 20px 0;
padding: 0 20px 0 0;
background: #5b001c url(../../img/layout-bottom-bg.png) 100% 0 no-repeat;
}

Nik Kosarev,

Do you have an idea How I can hide completely "Users" tab in control panel ?
I have this solution for modern browsers:
Code:
#navbar-content-area li:nth-child(2) {
display: none;
}
at the end of /default/css/customer/custom.css

But do you have a more compatible solution for old browsers ? (IE7/IE8, etc.)

Back