• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10 update post-install failed

J

JoergM

===> Perform upgrade to 108
===> Perform upgrade to 109
Trying to set psa database version to 01090... Trying to stop service named... done
Trying to start service named... done
Trying to clean up compiled python modules... Trying to install site isolation settings... config found. Nothing to be done Trying to update Components table... done
Trying to create persistent database storage... done
Trying to upgrade persistent database storage... done
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Doctrine_Connection_Exception' with message 'PDO Connection Error: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)' in /usr/local/psa/admin/smb/application/externals/Doctrine/Connection.php:461
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/local/psa/admin/smb/application/externals/Doctrine/Connection/Mysql.php(101): Doctrine_Connection->connect()
#1 /usr/local/psa/admin/smb/application/externals/Doctrine/Connection.php(999): Doctrine_Connection_Mysql->connect()
#2 /usr/local/psa/admin/smb/application/externals/Doctrine/Connection.php(848): Doctrine_Connection->execute('SELECT version ...', Array)
#3 /usr/local/psa/admin/smb/application/externals/Doctrine/Migration.php(230): Doctrine_Connection->fetchColumn('SELECT version ...')
#4 /usr/local/psa/admin/smb/application/library/Smb/Application/Cli/DbManager.php(23): Doctrine_Migration->getCurrentVersion()
#5 /usr/local/psa/admin/smb/application/utils/db_manager.php(6): Smb_Application_Cli_DbManager->run()
#6 {main}
thrown in /usr/local/psa/admin/smb/application/externals/Doctrine/Connection.php on line 461

ERROR while trying to SMB database not created
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/pp10.9.0-bootstrapper.101103.21.26.log), fix and try again

**** Product post-install failed.

***** problem report *****
ERROR while trying to SMB database not created
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/pp10.9.0-bootstrapper.101103.21.26.log), fix and try again

To complete product installation one should run bootstrapper script:
/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp10.9.0-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

Plesk 10 update post-install failed due to mysql password '...+...'

My mysql password did contain a +, after I had removed it and changed the password in mysql and psa shadow the post-install was successful.

Yes, the "+" in the password is the guilty!

Hello,

I have just solved this issue.
In my case, the problem also was that the admin password had a "+". When the plesk update script used the password, some kind of error happened.

For solvering, just 2 lines:

# /usr/local/psa/bin/init_conf -p -passwd newpasswd
---------------------- (a newpassword without "+"!!!! Only numbers or letters)

/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp10.8.0-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair
or
/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp10.9.0-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair
---------------------- (8 or 9, depens of your version. Check which exists in your system)

That's it!

I hope this would be useful for someone.

Regards,

Agustin

My password contained a '%' and crashed my install. I changed the password and I was able to repair the install. Now almost everything is working.

Jef

Is this normal in a professional Server solution?
Who is the guilty? MySql or Plesk?
I have 5 webs down due to a "%" password in the MySql.

Thanks for the solution.

If I change the password again to the old one with "%" after the Plesk Panel is updated, is possible to fail again?
Or does it fail only when Plesk is updated?

Back