• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11.0.9 Nginx Problem

CyberEdge_Alan

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I recently updated the Plesk 11.0.9 to get the Nginx feature added, I know it doesn't do much right now but pass everything but I was having issues with it.

I enabled it and it was all fine it turned on and worked for my main Default webpage. However with other vHosts it seemed to just display a 404 not found nginx webpage for everyone else. I did have Nginx previously installed since I attempted to get it working for Plesk 10. While looking back in files to make sure no previous files were left behind I found the /etc/nginx folder and removed it however thats the folder required also by the Nginx for Plesk. I can't seem to figure out how to run the Plesk Autoinstaller to reinstall it so its working and I have the files from that folder. I should just be able to get a copy of them from someone and load them back.

The other issue is how would I resolve the problem of the others getting the 404 not found nginx error.

Hope someone can help resolve my issue.

Please try running

yum remove nginx

that should remove nginx and thereafter you can use the auto-installer to install it again.

I've tried that and it actually comes back saying its not installed. Should I try installing it from yum and removing it?

Ah. Found it they renamed it to 'sw-nginx'. So when trying to just do a simple yum remove nginx it wouldn't see it installed. Thanks.

This still leaves me with the other problem however where with it installed and started it doesn't seem to read the vhosts.

Last edited:
Hi,

Package is named about as bizarrely as it could get without removing nginx from the name :

[root@vz3001 ~]# yum list installed | grep nginx
sw-nginx.x86_64 1.3.0-1.12051815.centos6 installed
[root@vz3001 ~]#

It looks like a straight yum remove will work but I'd ensure you have backups of the server first. You could also get a hold of the rpm and try a reinstall first.

Paul.

I've been able to reinstall and it looks as if all is resolved. Its processing requests as if they are there without getting the 404 error. I think it was doing that because of the previous install still left files in the /etc/nginx/ folder. It enables even though passes all requests. Hopefully there will be some rulesets in the next update.

OK, that is great. Yeah, I am hoping too that in 11.1 we will get rule sets for nginx.

Nginx creates some problems with subfolders

Hi,

As i using the new Plesk 11 with Nginx and Apache SNI do i see some port problems for folders that i want to use.
The port-number disturbs the connection to a secure an unsecured http folder link.

---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, MICROUPDATE, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk 11.0.9 - Centos 5.8 i386

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

When i use Apache SNI with Nginx proxy do i have problems with browsing the websites. At some sub-folders for a domain will automatic forwarded to port 7080. The current page will not be shown when i using port 80 or 443.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Browse to a sub-folder of a domain like www.mydomain.com/server or subdomain.mydomain.com/server and i will be forwarded to port 7080 at some folders from the root.

ACTUAL RESULT

Browsing to a another port 7080 at some folders.

EXPECTED RESULT

This problem comes when you upgrading Plesk 10.4.4 to Plesk 11 and install Nginx for the first time.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

After a remove and reinstall of Nginx, the problems are resolved.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Same problem here...

Plesk 11.0.9 #MU5 - Debian 6.0.4 64bit

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

sub folder navigation shows port 7080

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

www.example.org shows www.example.org
www.example.org/wordpress shows www.example.org:7080/wordpress

ACTUAL RESULT

port 7080 shown in browser

EXPECTED RESULT

don´t know - first step should be that the port doesn´t appear in the browser

same problem on different servers, but same OS and Plesk version

Tengo el mismo problema

Plesk 11.0.9 Actualizar #5 - Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

redirige navegación en directorios a puerto 7080

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

www.example.org shows www.example.org
www.example.org/wordpress shows www.example.org:7080/wordpress

ACTUAL RESULT

puerto 7080 visible en directorios y mensaje de error en raiz. Apache Server at www.example.com Port 7080

EXPECTED RESULT

que funcione correctamente el servidor

me ha ocurrido en diferentes servidores

Back