• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11.0.9 Update #48 "Failed to execute backup database" with automated backups.

J.Wick

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

Running MySQL 5.5.30.15

When running automated backups, I keep getting a failure message that mysql databases were not migrated.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<execution-result status="error" log-location="/usr/local/psa/PMM/sessions/2013-05-09-020502.296/migration.result">
<object name="USER" type="client">
<object name="domain.com" type="domain">
<object name="user_db" type="mysql">
<message id="5f435df2-4b95-4ca1-8fa4-9029acdb8a45" severity="error" code="msgtext">
<description>Failed to execute backup database</description>
</message>
</object>
</object>
</object>

When I run the backup manually, I don't get this message.

The file sizes are too close to tell if MySQL got backed up, so I'm downloading a copy which will take a few hours before I can uncompress and look inside.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I've seen some things in forums about certain symbols in the MySQL root password, which would be the admin password, causing issue because they were not escaped properly.

I added the code as per the work around and will give it another try. I'm currently running update #51 on Plesk 11.0.9 right now.

When I look at the password it's encrypted as: (changed slightly for this post)
cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow
$AES-128-CBC$Nx625Fz7ZTTprGDFk3U73w==$JrFiZ7qj10WYzI/UCvOwPg==

So is it the encrypted characters that are causing a problem or the unencrypted password? How do I know what the unencrypted password is?

When I change the admin password, does it change it for MySQL as well? I tried this making sure I didn't have any conflicting characters in the new admin and it produced no difference.

Hi IgorG, tried this and it still failed when doing scheduled backups.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks IgorG

My password consists of just letters and numbers.

I'm perplexed now.

Here's my MysqlShellBackend.pm
mysql.png

Ok, I'm ends rope with this bug. I'm paying $30/month for this license and part of a major component is malfunctioning.

If I run a manual backup, everything runs fine.

If I run it as a scheduled backup, it backs everything up, except the MySQL databases and provides me a long list error log of....

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<execution-result status="error" log-location="/usr/local/psa/PMM/sessions/2013-06-08-020503.178/migration.result">
<object name="UserNAME" type="client">
<object name="domain.com" type="domain">
<object name="user_db" type="mysql">
<message id="29004575-1467-4feb-8b51-de5e73a3dbfa" severity="error" code="msgtext">
<description>Failed to execute backup of mysql database 'user_db'</description>
</message>
</object>
</object>
</object>

I checked this particular database's password, it is only a-z and 0-9 characters.

Server version: 5.5.30-cll MySQL Community Server (GPL) by Atomicorp
Linux version 2.6.18-348.6.1.el5xen ([email protected]) (gcc version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-54)) #1 SMP Tue May 21 16:10:52 EDT 2013

Installed MySQL packages
mysqltuner-1.2.0-4.el5.art
mysql-devel-5.5.30-15.el5.art
ruby-mysql-2.7.3-1.el5
mysql-libs-5.5.30-15.el5.art
mysql-connector-odbc-3.51.26r1127-2.el5
mysqlclient15-5.0.90-2.el5.art
mysql-5.5.30-15.el5.art
mysql-server-5.5.30-15.el5.art
php-mysql-5.3.25-18.el5.art

Someone please help, this is getting to be a MAJOR pain.

bump
some problem
only letters and numbers in /etc/psa/.psa.shadow
if run manually - all ok, else - "Failed to execute backup of mysql database"
any ideas, guys?

When i run
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager clients-name *some_client_login*

i got
mysqldump: Got error: 1045: Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) when trying to connect
[705376]: 09:43:29 ERROR dea7f2da-e014-4b46-8f0e-6c5b71d02c30 Failed to pack files backup_user_12_1_1312251543 in /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/tanatonaut/domains/domain.ex/databases/base_12_1

i watch on process and see command line of mysqldump:
/usr/bin/mysqldump --defaults-extra-file=/tmp/fileH0VOkG -h localhost -u admin -P 3306 --quick --quote-names --add-drop-table base_12_1

when i run it in shell i got:
mysqldump: Got error: 1045: Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) when trying to connect

I think MysqlShellBackend.pm can not get the password to his substitution in the command line

I edit /usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/shared/Db/MysqlShellBackend.pm

$cmd .= " -u '$self->{user}'"; ----------->> $cmd .= " -u '$self->{user}' -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`";
and it's work for me.

command line now looks like this
/usr/bin/mysqldump --defaults-extra-file=/tmp/some_tmp_file -h localhost -u admin -p*pass* -P 3306 --quick --quote-names --add-drop-table --default-character-set=utf8 --set-charset base_12_1
and backups are done correctly

This solution is acceptable, Igor?

UPD
found the cause
under normal conditions file /tmp/fileH0VOkG contains a variable password.
I was in this file directory listing of my subscribition. Look at yourself.

Last edited:
Back