• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11 vs Cpanel 11

Amin Taheri

Golden Pleskian
Plesk Certified Professional
I see there is a feature comparison about what Plesk offers over cPanel in this doc
https://parallelsnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Parallels-Plesk-Panel-11-vs-cPanel-111.pdf

But is there one that exists the other way - as to what features cpanel offers that Plesk still doesnt yet offer, or is planning/developing still to better compete with cpanel?

This may help in speaking with potential customers and partners if they are currently bound to cpanel due to a couple of features that Plesk may not support, or that they dont know that it does or will support.

Very Important !

Cpanel have......Improved Email Rate Limiting.

We have added a soft limit to the maximum number of emails that can be delivered hourly. Once this limit is reached, no messages will be accepted for the account. cPanel & WHM will allow messages to be queued (up to the limit) and then delivered when the users limit resets. The soft limit can be disabled through Tweak Settings.
In addition to limiting the maximum numbers of emails an user can send per hour, you can now restrict outbound sending when your users have reached a specified percentage of failures and deferrals (per hour). Spammers usually generate a higher percentage of failures, which makes them easier to locate.
Email sent from local users by connecting to the SMTP server is now also tracked.

We have added a soft limit to the maximum number of emails that can be delivered hourly. Once this limit is reached, no messages will be accepted for the account. cPanel & WHM will allow messages to be queued (up to the limit) and then delivered when the users limit resets. The soft limit can be disabled through Tweak Settings.
In addition to limiting the maximum numbers of emails an user can send per hour, you can now restrict outbound sending when your users have reached a specified percentage of failures and deferrals (per hour). Spammers usually generate a higher percentage of failures, which makes them easier to locate.
Email sent from local users by connecting to the SMTP server is now also tracked.

I just don't understand why its taken Plesk this long to even think of such a feature. Honestly that feature has been a temptation to me of switching to cPanel a number of times ...but I kept encouraging my self that in the next realize it would be there ...

Now, we are in 11 ..and still nothing :(

Thanks

Thanks Sergey, I did check it out and sent them an inquiry but I didnt even get a response from them ..Seems its not yet ripe for deployment ..

Check this from www.postfix.org

Measures against clients that make too many connections

Note: these features use the Postfix anvil(8) service, introduced with Postfix version 2.2.

The Postfix smtpd(8) server can limit the number of simultaneous connections from the same SMTP client, as well as the connection rate and the rate of certain SMTP commands from the same client. These statistics are maintained by the anvil(8) server (translation: if anvil(8) breaks, then connection limits stop working).

IMPORTANT: These limits must not be used to regulate legitimate traffic: mail will suffer grotesque delays if you do so. The limits are designed to protect the smtpd(8) server against abuse by out-of-control clients.

smtpd_client_connection_count_limit (default: 50)
The maximum number of connections that an SMTP client may make simultaneously.
smtpd_client_connection_rate_limit (default: no limit)
The maximum number of connections that an SMTP client may make in the time interval specified with anvil_rate_time_unit (default: 60s).
smtpd_client_message_rate_limit (default: no limit)
The maximum number of message delivery requests that an SMTP client may make in the time interval specified with anvil_rate_time_unit (default: 60s).
smtpd_client_recipient_rate_limit (default: no limit)
The maximum number of recipient addresses that an SMTP client may specify in the time interval specified with anvil_rate_time_unit (default: 60s).
smtpd_client_new_tls_session_rate_limit (default: no limit)
The maximum number of new TLS sessions (without using the TLS session cache) that an SMTP client may negotiate in the time interval specified with anvil_rate_time_unit (default: 60s).
smtpd_client_event_limit_exceptions (default: $mynetworks)
SMTP clients that are excluded from connection and rate limits specified above.

I haven't tested this but wondering, does the Postfix anvil(8) service install it self automatically when installing postfix in plesk or you manually and separately install it. And how do you do this?

Back