• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11.x and DKIM

PriyanA

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I'm running 4 VPSs with Plesk

2 x 11.0.9 Update #60 | CentOS 6.4 | Webmail Atmail

2 x 11.5.30 Update #32 | CentOS 6.4 | Webmail Roundcube

Lots of complain from clients that their e-mail going into Junk/Spam. (Specially with Hotmail)

As we are running eCommerce websites, every client have a dedicated IP with SPF and Domainkey Enabled. (Check IPs for Blacklist, none found)

Anyone successfully implemented DKIM to above configurations? could you please provide me a guide. (there are many available online, not sure which one to choose)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S cPanel already have this option. would it be the only option move this clients to cPanel hosting for easier configuration?

There is no DKIM automation in Plesk 11.5
Support of DKIM will be added in Plesk 12.
In order to use DKIM you can add corresponding TXT record manually in Plesk GUI using this wizard, for example - http://www.dnswatch.info/dkim/create-dns-record

So if we use DKIM using opendkim on a plesk 11.5.30 server, what will happen when upgraded to plesk 12?
I was going to add DKIM support as per: http://blog.matoski.com/articles/spf-dk-dkim-plesk-debian/
(but I'll adjust for CentOS 6), but I want to make sure I don't have another nightmare doing plesk upgrades... Never had one go smoothly.

No one here can answer what will happen if you upgrade to Plesk 12 if you manually edited your Postfix config to add OpenDKIM signing. I would personally remove the OpenDKIM custom implementation prior to when you upgrade to Plesk 12 once its stable. My guess is that Plesk will also use OpenDKIM (there isn't any alternative really), so it will also install opendkim, which will probably interfere with your config.

So basically: Clean/remove your customizations before you upgrade to PP12.

I didn't have any Plesk upgrade issues with Plesk 11 btw. I had major issues with earlier upgrades (Especially Plesk 9 to Plesk 10 were horrible). Parallels has since bettered their life, as they got alot of complaints.

I skipped 10. Probably why I still had issues jumping from 9.5.4 to 11.5.
At least the opendkim customizations are minimal, so commenting them out won't hurt. But will be a lot of work to update all the dmarc records to just monitor rather than act on them (since signing won't be happening around the time of the upgrade).

Yes, upgrading from 9 to either 10 or 11 is problematic, due to the big chances. If I recall correctly Plesk 9 is still based on 1 account per customer, where as Plesk 10/11 works with subscriptions allowing more then 1 account per client. And indeed, migrating from 9 to 10/11 is a process full of headaches. But from Plesk 10 and up the Migration process has been pretty smooth here.

Back