• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11's scheduled maintenance tasks not being run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurrellS

New Pleskian
As of some point in the past few months, it appears the scheduled maintenance tasks that Plesk performs are not longer running automatically. We no longer get emails when a domain / subscription is nearing expiry, or when someone is over their quota. for example.

This is on Plesk 11 on CentOS 6.

Any suggestions as to what I should check or fix to ensure that the scheduled maintenance tasks run again?

You could check at "Start > Tools & Settings > Notifications" , if the desired notifications are set correctly and you could try to uncheck and check specific notifications ( always with a confirmation over the "o.k." - button ) to force Plesk to rewrite the configuration. If this doesn't help, a futher investigation of the crontab - logs ( for Centos they are supposed to be at: /var/log/cron ) could point to issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found these errors / warnings in /var/log/cron :

Oct 2 00:01:01 hosting6 anacron[15990]: Anacron started on 2014-10-02
Oct 2 00:01:01 hosting6 anacron[15990]: Job `cron.daily' locked by another anacron - skipping
Oct 2 00:01:01 hosting6 anacron[15990]: Normal exit (0 jobs run)

Nothing else should have it "locked" at this time - this lock may be why it is not being run daily. Maybe it crashed while running and left the lock in place.

I manually ran the cron.daily scripts using :
nice run-parts /etc/cron.daily

...which is what anacron seems to usually try to do (if the lock wasn't preventing it).
Still running away now.

Where can I remove the lock that anacron believes is in place?
I checked /var/lock, and the only thing I found that looked like it could relate is a file called /var/lock/subsys/crond

Any ideas would be appreciated.

anacron was running, with an August date on the process; I killed anacron from there, and restarted it fresh. I thought I had checked for anacron using ps previously, but I must not have if that process was in there still running/locked up from early August.

The logs now say :

Oct 4 16:33:32 hosting6 crontab[790]: (root) BEGIN EDIT (root)
Oct 4 16:33:41 hosting6 crontab[790]: (root) END EDIT (root)
Oct 4 16:33:53 hosting6 anacron[819]: Anacron started on 2014-10-04
Oct 4 16:33:53 hosting6 anacron[819]: Will run job `cron.daily' in 18 min.
Oct 4 16:33:53 hosting6 anacron[819]: Jobs will be executed sequentially

and then later ...

Oct 4 16:51:53 hosting6 anacron[819]: Job `cron.daily' started
Oct 4 16:51:53 hosting6 run-parts(/etc/cron.daily)[2905]: starting 00webalizer
Oct 4 16:51:58 hosting6 run-parts(/etc/cron.daily)[2926]: finished 00webalizer
Oct 4 16:51:58 hosting6 run-parts(/etc/cron.daily)[2905]: starting 50plesk-daily

Thank you, UFHH01, for your assistance with this! The daily tasks seemed have run on their own as normal last night, so it appears this is now resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back