• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.0.18 MU#63

Rate this MU

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 16.7%

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
I also had problems, as nginx was disabled and all my websites went down :( I have enabled nginx again, but until today i wasn't able to even download a server backup to my computer because of 504 timeout error and i believe my personalized nginx parameters went away. After enabling nginx i run
/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp12.0.18-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair but got some error on the final output. Today however i could download a backup after installing and removing some components using the installer (maybe something got stuck). I also noticed the last backup i made took several hours to complete, when it usually needed 30m before - i will check this again tonight and will make a VPS restart to see if all things start normally.

Also fail2ban stopped working. I had to disable all jails and restarted fail2ban and i'm in the process of reactivating all jails i can.

I think the rest is almost OK for now, but i always have some errors when running commands. Like when i run service nginx status i have this output:
cat: /proc/cmdline: No such file or directory
cat: /proc/cmdline: No such file or directory
nginx (pid 24506) is running...

Can someone help fixing these? Thanks!

Found it - after the plesk update it was written in /etc/proftpd.conf on line 95 : Include /etc/proftpd.d/*.conf which generated fatal error because of the lack of such directory

I had the same issue and this fixed it. Thanks!

Why has no hotfix been released here? (regarding the Nginx issue - as in a new micro-update that undoes what this one did to break it in the first place so no manual intervention is required to fix the issue). Any server that has updated itself to this Micro-Update will not have Nginx actually start unless someone logs onto that server and manually re-enables it via the command line. A micro-update broke this so surely a micro-update can fix it? This potentially affects hundreds of servers so manually poking around to find which may now be broken isn't exactly ideal.

Last edited:
After this update, and after having to manually enable nginx, every time i restart the server using the control panel from my VPS provider, the server reboots but doesn't work. I have to stop and then start it on the VPS CP of my provider. The restart / reboot was working fine before this update, does someone knows what i have to do to get it to work fine after a restart / reboot? Thanks

Back