• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[Plesk 12.0.8 #18] Backup to personal ftp repository using ftps

Bosparan

New Pleskian
Hello fellow Forum dwellers,

I've been having some problems with our latest Plesk recently and have come looking for help:

The Problem:
I'm trying to set up an automatic backup to an ftp server using ftps (as configured in the personal ftp repository).
Copying the files fails however.

The things I checked:
The Plesk management website can't show the target folder's contents.
The only error I get is Error-Code "1".
The ftp server (a synology NAS) logs the ftp access: Credentials are correct, session is terminated after transferring 0 Bytes.
Each failed backup leaves a 0-Byte .tar file on the Backup folder.
If I disable ftps and go with plain ftp, everything works just fine.
Our previous generation Plesks (v11 and lower) can utilize ftps for backup (to the same ftp server) without a hitch.

Additional considerations:
Since the WebServer is on a hosted machine and file transfer has to be done across the internet, unsecured transport is not an option.
I have virtually zero Linux experience

Any help with resolving this issue would be much appreciated,
Bosparan

[System Information]
Plesk Version: 12.0.8 Update #18
Operating System: Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS

Hi,

It seems to be issue with secure ports that you are using, have you configured your firewall to allow such port? Also are you able to connect to remote server using any ftp client and using ftps protocol?
And if you need any help, then our expert admins can provide it to you. You can contact us at 24x7serversupport.com

Hi,

have you configured your firewall to allow such port?
Connection is successfully established, the Plesk creates files on the Synology NAS. It just doesn't fill them (and doesn't rotate them either)

Also are you able to connect to remote server using any ftp client and using ftps protocol?
As said above: yes

It seems to be issue with secure ports that you are using
The observed facts do not support this assumption: Connection is established. It just doesn't do anything afterwards beyond creating empty files.

Back