• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.5.30 - update error message

bskrakes

Basic Pleskian
Good Day,

Earlier toady I updated Plesk from 12.5.30 Update #21 to #22. After the update I received a message that stated the update failed however Plesk indicates that I am on Update #22 now.

I looked into the following logs but didn't see anything that stuck out:

/tmp/autoinstaller3.log --> nothing stands out in this log file

/var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log --> several of the following errors
2016/02/18 14:03:52 [crit] 885#0: *1308 connect() to unix:/var/run/sw-engine.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: 0.0.0.0, server: , request: "GET /admin/update/get-update-data HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/sw-engine.sock:", host: "server.com:8443", referrer: "https://server.com:8443/admin/home/admin"

/var/log/sw-cp-server/sw-engine.log --> nothing stands out in this log file

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Run autoinstaller with following options:

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

And check output. All latest microupdates should be installed.

Hi IgorG,

Today I updated via YUM and Plesk. My server is now on Update #23.

I ran the command and received the following error:

[root@web01 ~]# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base
Doing restart of Plesk Installer...

BUSY: Update operation was locked by another update process.

I restarted the server and re-ran the command again:

Trying to start service mariadb... active
done
Trying to establish test connection... connected
done
STOP update_history
Patches were installed successfully.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

This is exactly what I was looking for.Thank you IgorG.

Do you happen to know what the default schedule is: daily/weekly/monthly? (/usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php -h) I don't see where the schedule can be viewed, IE the Control Panel or Crontab.

[root@ppu12-5 ~]# cat /etc/cron.daily/50plesk-daily
#!/bin/sh
### Copyright 1999-2015. Parallels IP Holdings GmbH. All Rights Reserved.

# install_statistics
/usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php >/dev/null 2>&1

Hi IgorG,

Update #24 was released and my server detected the new version as it should (so daily cron is working). Upon updating I received a message "Plesk failed to update click here to close this message." It appears that everything updated except for "PostgreSQL server." I confirmed this by checking Plesk Control Panel "Updates and Upgrades." I don't see anything in the logs that indicate an error, at least nothing different from the original log output I posted.

If the micro updates are working how come Plesk is stating there was an error? Possible bug?

Thank you,

Hi Igor, I just manually ran the following:

# install_statistics
/usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php

The command dumped the following:

[root@server~]# /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php
[2016-03-15 13:28:16] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/wpmng' '--user=ftp_user' '--php=/usr/bin/php' '--' '--path=/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs' 'user' 'chec k-password' '' ''] with exit code [1]
[2016-03-15 13:28:16] ERR [panel] Unable to check WordPress admin credentials while reset cache: Invalid user ID, email or login: ''

Based on the above I see two issues:
1) ftp_user creds for domain.com
2) WordPress admin creds

I believe I can resolve number one but need to better understand the actual error message. The second issue I believe is a result of removing the default WordPress "admin" account.

I also see that Plesk Update #25 was released however my server has not yet detected the update as it is not yet displayed as available on the Home Page of the Control Panel. Is there a staggered release to Plesk Customers hosting their servers?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

UPDATE Plesk displayed this when attempting to update:

Execution failed.
Command: autoinstaller
Arguments: Array
(
[0] => --select-product-id
[1] => plesk
[2] => --select-release-current
[3] => --upgrade-installed-components
[4] => --include-components-from-class
[5] => vendor=parallels
[6] => --include-components-from-class
[7] => patched
)

Details: Doing restart of Plesk Installer...

BUSY: Update operation was locked by another update process.

There are no other update processes running so I am very confused by this message. I was able to successfully update manually from "Tools & Settings" --> "Updates & Upgrades."

@bskrakes / Brendan,

You asked some question and made some statements and I will try to respond to them, by quoting the text in question.

I also see that Plesk Update #25 was released however my server has not yet detected the update as it is not yet displayed as available on the Home Page of the Control Panel. Is there a staggered release to Plesk Customers hosting their servers?

This depends (amongst others) on your "update and upgrade" settings. Have a look at "Tools & Settings > Plesk > Update and Upgrade Settings" and change it, if you want to.

Note that it is recommended to use the "General release" setting.

There are no other update processes running so I am very confused by this message. I was able to successfully update manually from "Tools & Settings" --> "Updates & Upgrades."

Your error notification is propably due to some other upgrade/update process running OR not being closed down properly (at previous attempts).

And that should NOT be surprising: after all, you did a manual run of the "DailyMaintenance script" (and note that you missed some important parameters in the command).

Just have a look with the command: ps aux | grep autoinstaller (and kill processes, if you see any).

To be sure, do the same for the "DailyMaintenance script": ps aux | grep script (and do not kill processes, if you see any. Just provide me with output).

Anyway, by running the UI based installation procedure, it should be the case that you can use the autoinstaller script again (without error notifications).

Just try it, otherwise let me know.

I believe I can resolve number one but need to better understand the actual error message. The second issue I believe is a result of removing the default WordPress "admin" account.

The error notification, as a result of a (not entirely correct) manual run of the "DailyMaintenance script", is probably the result of that manual run itself.

It is very unlikely that removing the defautl WP "admin" account can lead to this error notification.

Hope the above helps and explains a little bit.

If you have any questions, just ask.

Regards.......

Thanks trialotto. I ran the update vi the UI today and it picked up Update #27 and produced the same error. Below is the output via the ps command:

[root@server~]# ps aux | grep autoinstaller
root 12221 0.0 0.0 112644 960 pts/0 S+ 16:29 0:00 grep --color=auto autoinstaller

[root@server~]# ps aux | grep script
root 12227 0.0 0.0 112644 960 pts/0 S+ 16:29 0:00 grep --color=auto script
root 32651 0.0 1.8 377240 37104 ? Ss 16:20 0:00 /usr/bin/sw-engine -c /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/plesk-mobile/scripts/push_worker.php

@bskrakes/Brendan,

The ps command is intended to investigate whether update error notifications are caused by existing update/upgrade processes.

Your ps commands seem to result in regular output, in the sense that you are capturing output at the exact moment a specific script is being run. Nothing to worry there.

Error notifications in the Plesk Panel itself are often the result of existing update/upgrade processes OR the result of specific packages not upgrading perfectly.

In general, you can ignore specific error notifications, if Plesk keeps on working like it should AND the autoinstaller3.log does not contain anything suprising.

If the current micro-update #27 does not result in error notifications in autoinstaller3.log, just ignore the notifications in the Plesk Panel.

Anyway, I will have a look, but you can always run the command line autoinstaller to be sure that all recent updates are applied.

Regards......

Hi tialotto,

I appreciate the quick reply!

I am familiar with the PS command, perhaps I should have shown the output earlier. The method via script is new to me and I am not yet familiar with the PHP script (it seems straight forward) but I like the older cronjob method (a little old school).

[root@server~]# crontab -l
20 1 * * * /usr/local/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/cp/clean-events
15 1 * * 1 /usr/local/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/cp/pack-sysstats week
0 1 * * 1 /usr/local/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/cp/send-report weekly
0 1 * * 1 /usr/local/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/cp/secur-check
0 3 * * 7 /usr/local/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/cp/clean-reports
10 1 * * * /usr/local/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/cp/clean-sysstats
15 1 * * * /usr/local/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/cp/pack-sysstats day
15 1 1 * * /usr/local/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/cp/pack-sysstats year
15 1 1 * * /usr/local/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/cp/pack-sysstats month
MAILTO=""
0,10,20,30,40,50 * * * * /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/plesk-mobile/scripts/push_worker.php'
MAILTO=""
0 0 * * * /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/servershield/scripts/servershield-version-check.php'
MAILTO=""
0 0 * * 0 /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/servershield/scripts/update-servershield.php'

I can restart the server this coming weekend and check the commands again as I suspect there will be another update in the near future. I have feeling this may be a bug or a glitch as I do not run the update unless prompted. My settings are "(Recommended) General release" and "Notify me about available updates but do not automatically install them."

Thank you,

@bskrakes/Brendan,

Just use the settings "(Recommended) General release" and "Automatically install updates for the currently installed Plesk version (Recommended)".

That way, you would not have the general update issue or the need to run updates with a command from the command line.

It is pretty safe to use the above mentioned settings.

Note that I would recommend to use the option "Automatically install updates for third-party components (such as MySQL and phpMyAdmin)" too.

Regards....

Hi trialotto, I already have all of those settings defined aside from the "Automatic install" as I have in the past seen a bug or two which causes issues with production websites.

Back