• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk 12.5.40 Update #54 breaks my MediaWiki

detlefs

New Pleskian
Before the update the wiki site works fine.
After the update, I get the following error when calling the wiki:

2016-12-09 13:47:53 Error 213.144.13.110 500 GET / HTTP/1.1 414 Apache-SSL-Zugriff
2016-12-09 13:47:53 Warning 213.144.13.110 mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Undefined class constant 'LIST_COMMA' in /var/www/vhosts/schneide-r.de/httpdocs/includes/Defines.php on line 34

All that happened is the Plesk update (which I also can't prevent. See other thread by me). I didn't cahnage anything in any config or setting

I couldn't find any information regarding this error via Google so I have not even a clue what the cause is, or how to fix it.

Any ideas anybody?

It does not sound like a Plesk error to me. The error is a PHP error message and unrelated to the panel. The latest MediaWiki requires at least PHP 5.5.9. Is that or a newer version what your subscription setting is using? Was MediaWiki auto-updated?

You are right, it sounds like a PHP error. Though, the PHP version didn't change, and also MediaWiki didn't change (no auto-update).
MediaWiki is on 1.28.0
PHP is on 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.20

So, really the only thing that changes to produce the error is the Plesk update...

Hi detlefs,

So, really the only thing that changes to produce the error is the Plesk update...
Such a conclusion can't be done, because:
  • Plesk NEVER change/modify/edit PHP vendor packages
  • Plesk NEVER changes content of a (sub)domain

Pls. consider to investigate, if your "MediaWiki", which has been updated between the "28.11.2016" and now ( release date of version 1.28 can be seen at for example => https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki ) included some changes, that NEED manual interference, because of ( possible ) resets to default settings during the update/upgrade.
Pls. be informed, that IF you use "apache+nginx" on your domain, it might be necessary to use "Addidional NGINX directives", in case that ".htaccess" - files are used and pls. make sure, that both webservers ( apache AND nginx are active and running on your server ).
Consider to post configuration files from => "/var/www/vhosts/system/schneide-r.de/conf/", so that people willing to help you have something to start with for possible investigations.
Consider to post the current error - logs ( apache AND nginx ) from the corresponding domain ( => "/var/www/vhosts/system/uwefilthaut.de/logs/" ) and as well from your webservers => "/var/log/apache2" AND "/var/log/nginx".

Pls see and BOOMARK as well:

PHP is on 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.20

Is that displayed in the PHP version drop down box in the hosting settings of your subscription, e.g. "PHP 5.5.9-1unbuntu4.20" or do you see something different like "5.3 by OS vendor"?

Back