• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk 12.5.59 - missing Backup descriptions

Joachim_Weisse

New Pleskian
Hello,

Since we use a server with plesk 12.5.x (bevor we use a 11.x Plesk on an other server) we are missing the descriptions in the Plesk backup list table. Our table look like:

upload_2017-1-30_18-36-8.png

We have for all backup crons save a description to find fast the right backup if we must restore anything. But as you can see, you see nothing from the backup description - the row is empty in the table.

What can we do, to see here the backup description we entered in the backup settings? Thanks for any hint.

Hi,

Each backup consists of <info>.xml (backup metadata files), <backup>.<zip|tar> (archived backup files which include website content, databases, etc.) and the directory .discovered , which contains backup technical information.

The Plesk backup repository is $DUMP_D (the default location is /var/lib/psa/dump ).

In Plesk, this directory is accessible through Home > Backup Manager . The required auxiliary subdirectory .discovered is where technical backup information is stored. The directory is not visible in Plesk.

/var/lib/psa/dumps/

/var/lib/psa/dumps/.discovered

Please kindly check if the following " /var/lib/psa/dumps/.discovered" file has any informations.

Thanks,

Hello,

Yes, under

/var/lib/psa/dumps/

I found several mysql Backups here as *.gz.

And

/var/lib/psa/dumps/.discovered

contains serveral Files with this format: xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx_domain.de

Must here the description to see? IF so, no - my entered descriptions are here not to see.

I must say, I use the option to store the Plesk domain backups not on my server. I save it on a other server (Strato Backupspace named) But that I do since years and the description only go away since we use Plesk 12.5.30 xx .

Back