• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.5 Broken MySQL after Update

Scott_Cameron

New Pleskian
Hello!

Basically.. Using updates and upgrades tool in Plesk I updated the MySQL as a new update was available. While doing so it appears the update had crashed or the update never went fully through however what did happen was remove MySQL as it was. Now when you try to connect to the admin or any client sites, you're presented with a MySQL connection error.

Here is the error when connecting to the panel
Code:
ERROR: PleskDBException: Unable to connect to database: mysql_connect(): Resource temporarily unavailable /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock (Error code: 2002). Please check that database server is started and accessible. (Abstract.php:69)

We're using Debian 8 & Plesk 12.5.

Any ideas of how to resolve this? I've attempted to use the repair tool but they present almost the same error.

If you can't repair your MySql server by yourself with help of OS package manager, I'd suggest you contact Plesk Support Team.

Back