• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.5: Hourly incremental Backup (via CLI?)

flex1

New Pleskian
Hello,
today I upgraded my Plesk installation to version 12.5. With 12.0 I used crontab to create every hour a backup on my FTP-Server. With Plesk 12.5 there is the new incremental-backup-function, which I want to use with my backup job. Via Backend, I can only choose "daily" to create incremental backups. Is there a way to change this to "hourly" or a custom period like two - three hours? It would be also nice, if there is a way to get that function via pleskbackup (CLI). I already looked in the "Advanced Administration Guide for Plesk 12.5", but there is no "incremental"-function (maybe not updated?) mentioned.

Thank you for your support!

Flex1

You can use pleskbackup CLI utility. There is special option for incremental backup implemented:

# /usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup --help | grep incr
--incremental
Create incremental backup. If no suitable full dumps available this option will be ignored.

I have received additional information from developers. Mentioned option for CLI utility doesn't work correctly due to bug PPP-18003
We are going to fix it on next week.

Thank you very much for your advices! When bug is fixed, I could read it in the changelog, couldn't I? After that, I will test your advice!

Today I updated my Plesk 12.5 with Update #7. But unfortunately it seems that the incremental backup bug still exists.
Via SSH I started my Backup Task:
Code:
/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup server --only-mail --prefix="mail_backup" --output-file=ftp://ADDRESS --ftp-login=LOGINNAME --ftp-password=PASSWORD --ftp-passive-mode --incremental

After a while the backup was successfully uploaded. Now I executed the same command again. Unexpectedly there was another full backup created instead of an incremental backup.

I've created two Screenshots (Plesk Backup-Manager & FTP-Backup-Space) to visualize the conflict.

32heqlyx.png

xnga4gzb.png

Back