• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.5 /var/lib/php/session permissions issue with session.save_path

Polmonino

New Pleskian
In Plesk 12.5 on CentOS 7 x64 there is an issue when running PHP 5.* with FastCGI/FPM. The /var/lib/php/session directory is 770, which is wrong since scripts run under:

Code:
<ftpuser>:psacln

Code:
[root@localhost ~]# ls -l /var/lib/php
total 0
drwxrwx--- 2 root apache 44 Sep 25 10:51 session

Which is the best way to deal with this problem? Moving the session.save_path in the domain root for every new subscription is not an option, at least for me. It is safe to chmod 777 /var/lib/php/session?

Don't ask me, I just had a look to what my system (CentOS7 / Plesk 12.5) looks like and my session directory has permissions as shown above.

So I thought you might just give it a try then.

Don't ask me, I just had a look to what my system (CentOS7 / Plesk 12.5) looks like and my session directory has permissions as shown above.

So I thought you might just give it a try then.

Ok fine, thanks! Btw it's really strange your system have different permissions on that folder... any Plesk developer here?

I had the same issue "permission denied" errors. It was already set to root:root, but it didn't have the 1733 permissions. After changing that it works again.

Back