• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk 17.8.11 Update #35 backup restore problem

Binesh S

Regular Pleskian
I have found latest Plesk do not support other sever backup restore and found the following error

Unable to decrypt data: Data error (cyclic redundancy check). (Error code 23) at BCryptDecrypt() at (AesCryptProvider::decrypt line 143) at (zif_plesk_symmetric_decrypt line 2338)

I have found few KB article do not help to fix the issue. The Plesk version both old and new server same ie Plesk 17.8.11

The following KB article used to replace file

How to restore a Plesk backup on another Plesk server
Unable to restore a backup: The backup file either contains modified or corrupted data
How to restore a Plesk backup on another Plesk server
Backup restored with errors: "Data error (cyclic redundancy check). (Error code 23) at BCryptDecrypt()"

Let me know

Thanks
Binesh

In most cases, this error is caused by an incorrect encryption key in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\PLESK\PSA Config\Config\sym_key". Due to that Plesk unable to decrypt password for Plesk entities, for example, system users, additional FTP users and so on.

Usually, sym_key is incorrect if the server was restored according to disaster recovery or backup of another server was restored on the current server. Could you clarify if any of those cases are applicable here?
Anyway, if mentioned KB articles don't help I'd suggest you ask the assistance of Plesk Support Team. Access to your server is required for further investigation and fixing this issue.

IgorG

This is so annoyed error cause major migration of new server halted because this holiday time low mail traffic and we are unable to transfer new server due to this error. Very bad situation

Even smartermail 16.3 not able to integrate. However lower smartermail 15.7 able to integrate , that means Plesk don't support latest smartermail

Again causing lot of problem for changing new server. thanks for your update its totally frustrating

Yes the server got backup from old server(windows 2012R2) for new server windows 2016( Both had same Plesk 17.8.11)
Thanks
Binesh

Last edited:
Back