• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 1o Mailbox gone!!!

D

doneill

Hello All,

Rank newbie here to Plesk so please excuse any confusion or misconceptions on my part. That being said here is the problem

Plesk 10.x is the panel in question.

A customer wanted the email account they used to setup the domain changed to another email account defined in the panel. SystemAdmin messages were being sent to this account and she did not want that to happen. Not thinking this would be any big deal I logged into the panel and attempted to change the email address to another existing email account that the customer had instructed us to use. I kept getting error messages that the account was already defined in the system and it would not let me use the address. I created a new account and it took this but here is the weird thing. The email account that was originally set got blown away and there is no trace of it or the emails it contained on the system. Needless to say the customer is PO'ed and we look like idiots.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening??? Would could I have possibly done wrong. This should be a straight forward no brainer task!!!

Any and all help/suggestions will be much appreciated

Sorry....our Plesk 10.x server is running on Linux ( CentOS )

Back