• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 7.5.1 For FreeBSD Released!

what apache version is in that?
Makes no sense to upgrade to that release if we wont be getting an up to date apache etc........

I dont think anyone wants to run an insecure webserver.

And why oh why make a release for freebsd 4.9 when freebsd 4.10 has been released and 4.11 Cant you make the new plesk compatible with 4.XX So we wont have to be LOCKED into 4.9 when new updates are released in the freebsd tree / kernel. It's kind of silly to lock yourself into a situation where the system may become dated and insecure, or less secure.

please take a look at www.freebsd.org at least once a month.

thanks...

I may be missing the point here ... but would't it be better for 4.9 to be maintained for a few plesk releases so people can still upgrade to new plesk releases without upgrading the OS, and introduce the latest 5.x build as they have done?

Personally, that would be what I wanted.

Plesk works on 4.10
I cant speak for 4.11

The only thing i can see different in , installing plesk onto a 4.10 system is the updater service through the control panel. ( it doesnt work )

It doesnt take much to download the patch or next upgrade and run it at command prompt.

ever try to use the updater in the web panel on a 4.10 box?

K thnx

Originally posted by Cranky
I may be missing the point here ... but would't it be better for 4.9 to be maintained for a few plesk releases so people can still upgrade to new plesk releases without upgrading the OS, and introduce the latest 5.x build as they have done?

Personally, that would be what I wanted.

yes you are missing at least one very good point..

"what apache version"
etc.........

Also some things break if you run plesk on a freebsd box that isnt 4.9 IE: 4.10 or 4.11

trust me my data center tech had to put in a ticket to plesk for this reason. I dont think he was too thrilled with the response either, and I wouldnt call this data center small by any means.

What about us 5.2.1 users???

For **** sake what the hell is going on at Plesk.

First 7.1.6 is not supported on 5.3 so we were obligated to install 5.2.1 and now they switch all of a sudden, WITHOUT notice, to 5.3.

How to update now?? Im starting to dislike Plesk and develop anger and frustration.

Alright thanks for the link, although i know i can update FreeBSD.

Its just that we already have to update plesk, which is still an risky operation, and on top of that have to update FreeBSD.

Our machine(s) are production machine(s) and aside from updating security important parts we want as little as maintance on those machine(s) as possible.

Ah well, I guess next time I will consider cpanel or DA.

I am happy to see Plesk released for FreeBSD 5.3

Version 5.3 have some major performance advantages over the earlier versions and version 5.4 will be even better!

We will be upgrading our servers one by one. We take a development box and build it with 5.3 and PSA 7.5.2, then we transfer all the Plesk Data and checks the system. If everything is OK the development will be the new server.

(I guess everyone have a spare server....)

-0 lhe 0-

Anyway. No one even answered the question.

What version of apache is in this new release?

I need a reason to upgrade.

This is mine, probably the same as other FreeBSD users add or subtract a module or two.

Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_gzip/1.3.26.1a mod_python/2.7.10 Python/2.2.2 mod_webapp/1.2.0-dev mod_perl/1.29 mod_throttle/3.1.2 PHP/4.3.10 FrontPage/5.0.2.2510 mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7e

Back