1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

plesk 7.5.4 -- ASP.NET v 2.0

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by bmd2k1, Dec 17, 2005.

1. bmd2k1

bmd2k1 Guest

I want to run MS SQL Express on a server currently running plesk 7.5.4 -- MS SQL Express require .NET v2.0

Does plesk support this ?

currently the server is runnin .NET v1.1

2. Gris@

Gris@ Guest

Plesk 7.5.4 does not support ASP.NET 2.0 that is why you should configure it manually
    Plesk 7.5.6 should have native support of ASP.NET 2.0

3. bmd2k1

bmd2k1 Guest

if I install .NET 2.0 now..... will Plesk 7.5.6 recognize it once I upgrade ?

Also...will Plesk 7.5.x support configuration of MS SQL Express ?

-Brian

4. Beto

Beto Guest

You can just install Plesk 7.5.6

Just ask Sw-soft and they will give you the upgrade... they didn't release it yet but I have upgraded without any problems...

5. Pavluha

Pavluha Guest

6. Bogdan

Bogdan Guest

ASP 2.0 works like a charm in Plesk 7.5.6 even it .net framework 2.0 was intalled before the plesk upgrade (I thing it's even a prerequisite of 7.5.6).

7. bmd2k1

bmd2k1 Guest

when does .NET 2.0 need to be installed before or after the Plesk 7.5.6 upgrade ??

-Brian

8. Bogdan

Bogdan Guest

I installed it before and didn't have any probs.

9. thewolf

thewolf Regular Pleskian

57%
    Hi,

Can anymore confirm that Plesk 7.5.6 supports SQL Server 2005 Express Edition?

Thanks.

10. Bogdan

Bogdan Guest

In a test environment, yes... but I never tried it on a live server.