• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 7.5.4 & Horde

J

JVRudnick

Hello All...

I have a ded server, running w2k3 / Plesk / MailEnable Standard and the HORDE webmail application.

My question is, is there a way for a user with a regular mailbox, to be able to "login" to the HORDE webmail, and turn on/off an Autoresponder?

Plesk will let a user login to their own CP, and turn it on or off...but I have a client who're pretty computer-phobic, and who DO like the HORDE webmail app, and wanted to know if they could use that to turn on/off an Autoresponder.

I have found just such a HORDE module, called Vacation, that looks like it will do the job (http://www.horde.org/vacation/). However in talking with a HORDER consultant, it appears that my windows setup etc. will NOT support such a module. Their comments were "I do not see the ability for that one to work with your setup. It hinges on a responder system based on .forward or sql(exim), and MailEnable will not do either of those..."

SO, here I am. I am asking here for anyone who might know MORE about this kind of situation. If I can't use the Vacation module in HORDE, is there another answer? IE a weblogin for a user to turn on/off the MailEnable autoresponder would be great....

Anyone?

Jim

I do think that similar is possible. Because Plesk utility memailfilter.exe is used for these purposes. It makes query directly from within Plesk database.

Well...

thats somewhat helpful...if this CAN be done then that'd be good news...

has anyone here "done" that?

oh, and swMODs....can you answer this? is this a workable idea using 7.5.4 and w2k3 and MailEnable Standard and Horde v.3

???

JIM

We use MailEnable pro and Horde with Plesk 7.5.4 on our servers. And also I can say that it is better to use Plesk with MailEnable then SmarterMail or Merak (especially Merak).
But of course you can use MailEnable standard.
;)

Cripes....

thanks for the info, gris...but please, re-read my query.

What I want to know is WILL Vacation work with my setup?

;-)

Jim

Back