1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

plesk 7.5.4 on fedora 2 to plesk 8.x on fedora 4

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by flyfish, Aug 5, 2006.

1. flyfish

flyfish Guest

i am trying to our plesk 7.5.4 fedora core 2 box to plesk 8 fedora core4_x64
    i am using new plesk8 compatible backup utility on fedora core2 7.5.4. backup completed about 5-6 hours (80 client and 500 domains ) backup files total size is 15-16 GB

when i try to restore this backup at fedora core4 and plesk 8 via pleskrestore command.
    restoring operation completed about 12-13 hours....

is it normal? i think something is wrong because restore operation too long...

any idea??

Egemen

2. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

You could have tried the Migration Manager, I think that may have been faster. But you'll just have to check if everything is ok on the new server. If there were no errors I guess everything should be fine. It just took a pretty long time.

3. flyfish

flyfish Guest

i couldnt try migration manager, because my old and new servers must be same ip address..

i am waiting for the complete restore operation ( may be 8-10 hours :) )

my first domain restored, but when i called webmail.domain.com horde webmail page comes blank. no login or anythink.. and no errors...

any idea?

4. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

I think you'll just have to wait till it's all done.

5. flyfish

flyfish Guest

6. MrTi

MrTi Guest

have the same Issue, is there already a workaround ?

th@nks