• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 7.5 to 8.0

F

ferrisr

I have a 1and1 server with RedHat 9 and Plesk 7.5. Is it possible to take a psadump of 7.5's data, have the server reimaged to Fedora Core 5 and Plesk 8 and restore that psadump? If not, how can I transfer settings and such?

BE VERY VERY CAREFUL. I just tried doing a domain-by-domain backup in Plesk 7.5.4 and learned the hard way that Plesk 8 doesn't read them.

I would hold off on the migration until SW-Soft fixes the migration issues.

Good luck!

Is there any way I can install a copy of Plesk 8.0 on a test server here using the same license key as is on my copy of Plesk 7.5 without interfering? Or any free way to test it to make sure it will go smoothly?

You can ask the support for a temporary key. I got a 14 day trial license so that the update could be done with two servers.

7.5 won't read ......

Think that is bad....My server (fedora 7.5 reloaded) won't upload the backup that I downloaded to my local machine. It gives me a "The file mydomain.com is not a valid domain backup file" This is pissing me off because it created the file but can't read it. It makes me wonder if my dedicated server company wants me to buy thier backup service.

Bull ****...I will switch companies before I do that.

Why does Plesk 8.0's features page say the new backup utilities can read backups from any version of plesk, yet they won't read my psadump's?

Back