• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8.2.0 and RHEL 5.1 incompatible? IMAP / webmail errors, etc.

Ales

Regular Pleskian
Plesk Guru
A word of caution...

We recently updated one of our servers from RHEL 5 to RHEL 5.1. This was a regular yum update, not an OS upgrade.

Since the update, IMAP stopped working. This means webmail is down too, since it uses IMAP.

Connection attempt to webmail or any other IMAP connection simply results in a failed login. /var/log/messages show kernel: imapd segfault.

I noticed an error text under Server / Updater (probably just caused by /etc/redhat-release change):
Error: The build version you tried to install does not suit your operating system.
Not all packages were installed.
Please, resolve the above problem and try installing the packages again..

Another forum user is mentioning FTP connection problems after this OS update too. We haven't experienced those, but be warned.

The OS update also overwrote /usr/sbin/suexec and /etc/sysconfig/named files, causing problems with perl scripts and shutting down DNS. Recreating the files is all that it takes to fix this...

Anyone else experiencing IMAP problems?

Hi,

Same problem here, horde stopped working.

Didn't see the other problems yet.

Arjen

It looks like you can get around the updater issue by editing /etc/redhat-release and removing the '.1' from 5.1
That gets rid of the error... I haven't tested updater functionality beyond getting the package list, but given the error message I suspect that it will work after that. Not the most elegant solution, but I figured I'd post this in case it's useful to someone.

We've seen this issue too. Running gdb and strace against the courier daemon reveals the imaplogin program to be buggy.

One of the updates to 5.1 was in libselinux and it looks like this broke the courier-imap package provided with Plesk.

Just to confirm, disabling selinux solves the IMAP problem. Just setting the status to permissive doesn't.

Should be fixed in Plesk 8.3

Back