1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk 8.2 Showing ASP support (Component was not installed)

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by whattheek, Aug 22, 2007.

1. whattheek

whattheek Guest

So I am starting with a fresh install of Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition. This is my first time installing Plesk. I made sure, at the beginning, to have ASP classic and SSI installed. After installing those and installing Plesk 8.2, I thought I was close to ready to go

Unfortunately, this is not the case. For some reason, Plesk is showing ASP support and SSI support as being "not installed" (Component was not installed) when I go under General>> Domains>> Physical Hosting (vr)>> Services. I figured this was just the way Plesk was reading it, considering I had already installed them with the install of the OS. I am trying to figure out why this is happening and what I could do to fix it. Any advise would be useful. Thanks.

2. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    Please be sure ASP and SSI are enabled as Windows components.

3. whattheek

whattheek Guest

They are/were. I actually resolved this by uninstalling IIS, SSI and ASP classic and reinstalling them. Then I uninstalled Plesk and reinstalled it and we resolved it. Thanks for your help.