• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8.4.1 Update.. When?

While the issues that this patch (hopefully) will fix have gone on for way past a reasonable time, I'd rather them take the time and get it right this time. We have no way of knowing though because the complete lack of communication from swsoft on their own forum is pathetic. There isn't anything in the knowledgebase on the issues either. Yay for customer service and quality!

Me? I'm chalking it up to integrating Duke Nukem Forever as a game add-on. (That module will probably be out before they switch to postfix. How's that windows development going for you swsoft guys?)

July is, quite frankly, unacceptable. I'm having email STILL rejected by the server periodically (special case involving mailing lists when I post)

It's been over a MONTH. What in the heck is the holdup? Any answer short of replacing qmail with postfix is totally unacceptable. The now two month plus time frame is ridiculously long for any other fix.

Please post:

1) The date this update will be released
2) What 8.4.1 will have (specific fixes, etc)
3) Why Parallels is taking so long to fix issues that are impacting production servers, when it has been confirmed that their software is at fault.
4) Why Knowledge Base articles on these known issues are missing. Not having them kinda misses the point of a KB.

July is, quite frankly, unacceptable. I'm having email STILL rejected by the server periodically (special case involving mailing lists when I post)

It's been over a MONTH. What in the heck is the holdup? Any answer short of replacing qmail with postfix is totally unacceptable. The now two month plus time frame is ridiculously long for any other fix.

Please post:

1) The date this update will be released
2) What 8.4.1 will have (specific fixes, etc)
3) Why Parallels is taking so long to fix issues that are impacting production servers, when it has been confirmed that their software is at fault.
4) Why Knowledge Base articles on these known issues are missing. Not having them kinda misses the point of a KB.
Completely agree, if I mess up something in one of my applications I make sure it's fixed asap instead of giving no support and letting clients try to fix it on their own.

I am tired of having to deal with plesk related problems after every single update.

Will this update add support for Ubuntu 8.04 LTS? We're planning a server upgrade so knowing what the update will include and when it'll be released would make things a bit easier.

Hello S.Celik,

The release is delayed for the end of July.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ok if it's going to be delayed for another month please can we have an idea of what is going to be included (for Plesk for Linux, not Windows).

Ok if it's going to be delayed for another month please can we have an idea of what is going to be included (for Plesk for Linux, not Windows).

• Changing DNS zone SOA serial number format - The DNS zone SOA serial number format used by default in the Plesk Control Panel is Unix timestamp. You can change the format of the DNS zone SOA serial number to YYYYMMDDNN, which is recommended by IETF and RIPE and mandatory for many domains registered in some high-level DNS zones, mostly European ones.
  • Improved DNS zone update - Users can make multiple changes to a DNS zone without having to save every single change each time – all changes made to the DNS zone are now highlighted and visible to the user before saving them. The DNS zone is updated when the user saves the changes.
  • Permission for clients to select a target DB server - You can allow your customers to select a database server of each type for creating his or her databases, not only use the default database server.
  • Ubuntu 8.04 LTS support - Plesk now can be deployed on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS
  • PHP 5.2.6 update - Plesk now ships with PHP 5.2.6
  • PostgreSQL 8.3 support - Plesk now works with PostgreSQL 8.3.
  • Safari 3.1 support - Safari 3.1 browser can now be used to work with Plesk.
  • Fixed issue with empty mail user name - Fixed issue with empty mail user name displayed in logs of Plesk installed on SuSE.
  • Fixed issue with AWstats monthly history - Fixed issue with incorrect calculations and display of AWstats monthly history.
  • Fixed issue with forwarding e-mail messages signed by DomainKeys - Fixed issue with e-mail forwarding not working if e-mail messages were signed by DomainKeys.
  • Security fixes and other bug fixes.

• Changing DNS zone SOA serial number format - The DNS zone SOA serial number format used by default in the Plesk Control Panel is Unix timestamp. You can change the format of the DNS zone SOA serial number to YYYYMMDDNN, which is recommended by IETF and RIPE and mandatory for many domains registered in some high-level DNS zones, mostly European ones.
  • Improved DNS zone update - Users can make multiple changes to a DNS zone without having to save every single change each time – all changes made to the DNS zone are now highlighted and visible to the user before saving them. The DNS zone is updated when the user saves the changes.
  • Permission for clients to select a target DB server - You can allow your customers to select a database server of each type for creating his or her databases, not only use the default database server.
  • Ubuntu 8.04 LTS support - Plesk now can be deployed on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS
  • PHP 5.2.6 update - Plesk now ships with PHP 5.2.6
  • PostgreSQL 8.3 support - Plesk now works with PostgreSQL 8.3.
  • Safari 3.1 support - Safari 3.1 browser can now be used to work with Plesk.
  • Fixed issue with empty mail user name - Fixed issue with empty mail user name displayed in logs of Plesk installed on SuSE.
  • Fixed issue with AWstats monthly history - Fixed issue with incorrect calculations and display of AWstats monthly history.
  • Fixed issue with forwarding e-mail messages signed by DomainKeys - Fixed issue with e-mail forwarding not working if e-mail messages were signed by DomainKeys.
  • Security fixes and other bug fixes.

Thank you :)

Well finally. Look guys, all we want is for you to tell us what is going on. You need to communicate these things to your user base. When you do, I'd bet you'd have a lot less angry customers. It's bad to have broken software. It's horrible when you have broken software and the company that sold it to you doesn't respond or tell you anything. (and remove KB articles, push back patch dates, etc.)

You NEED to communicate with us. That is just the minimum standard for good service, and it helps you to manage expectations.

Now on to the list. There are some tricky items on there, and I see why it is taking some time. Even though I disagree about the time frame you are cosing to release it.

I've been as vocal as anyone about these email issues and bugs introduced by Plesk 8.4. However, I support SWsoft taking as long as necessary to ensure this next update fixes everything through comprehensive testing. The last thing we need is another update breaking more things and having to wait for another hotfix weeks down the road.

I agree. We've been dealing with a lot of issues in 8.4.0 as well. I want 8.4.1 / 8.6.0 (whatever the version number is) to be as stable as possible.

What would really make our life a lot easier is if Parallels opened up their bug tracker for us to research issues in. We've been reporting issues 1-2 times a week and each time the answer is "We already know about it, please wait for an update". It would rock if we could search the bug/feature database so we're not waisting everybody's time trying to find out if we're the first people who have reported an issue.

Can't Wait....... I haven't had many clients ask about it yet, 7 days till the end of July, lets hope it's resolved!!

Why isn't the integrated phpMyAdmin (DB Webadmin) updated? I know, keeping it totally up to date, is impossible. But the included version 2.8.2.4 was released in 2006 (2006-08-22) ...

The same goes for AWStats. Version 6.6 was released at 2006-12-23.

Back