• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8.6 list of supported OS and changes

Silver Pleskian
Can I please get a list of supported OS for Plesk 8.6 there is nothing on the website still only 8.4

I was hoping Fedora 9 was supported?

Yeah, but it would be nice if Parallels would announce the end of life for CentOS 3. The CentOS team will support CentOS 3 until the end of 2010. And since CentOS 3 is binary compatible with RHEL 3 and RHEL 3 is still supported I don't understand why CentOS 3 is no longer supported.

Yes indeed I thought they normally listed it WAY in advance?

Its probably a case of too many versions to build for and fix issues between the same OS different versions, let alone cross OS's... and maybe we expect to see RH3 die off next version...

Yeah, that worked back when there were no CentOS packages for Plesk. I recall having to change /etc/redhat-release to match a RHEL system though (and having to change it back when you want to use yum).

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the reports.

The Plesk Requirements page is updated.

We have dropped CentOS 3 and FreeBSD 5 support since Plesk 8.6 because of some reasons. The main are a small number of Plesk customers who use these OSes and it is impossible to increase the list of supported platforms indefinitely.
We are going to drop RHEL 3 support since the next version.

And maybe to add FreeBSD 7 support (including 64 bit version) ?

Plesk on Leopard Server...

Hi..

Did Anyone knows in is possible to install Plesk on Mac OSX Server..? If Plesk supports FreeBSD may be it fits on OSX server that is FreeBSD core..

Any ideas..?

Thank You in advance for reply..

Francesco d'Elia - Italy

OSX Server Market is growing.. The is no control panel like Plesk for Mac OSX Server, the most famous is iTools but is nothing in front of Plesk.. I Think that a porting for Plesk to Mac OSX Server may be not too difficult..

Back