• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8 Upgrade Horde stop working

D

d6d2001

I update my plesk 7.5.4 + FC3 to plesk 8 yesterday. everything is ok except webmail stop working!

I tested IMAP works in outlook.

Horde log has entry

Jun 09 14:01:24 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN xx.xx.xx.xx to localhost:143[imap/notls] as [email protected] [on line 262 of "/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/lib/Auth/imp.php"]

my hosts content

127.0.0.1 localhost
xx.xx.xx.xx hostname.domain.com hostname

I looked through posts here, tried everything without success.

I can ping localhost, returns 127.0.0.1. Also I can telnet localhost 143 and test login, works. And tried re-install horde still not working.

What does your /var/log/psa-horde/psa-horde.log say?

I found out through reading the logs, for instance, that my "upgrade" had removed MySQL support for PHP... and naturally, Horde needs MySQL, so...

Anyone know how to fix this issue? I can't login to check mail because horde keep saying login failed.

Jul 23 02:38:26 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN x.x.x.x to localhost:143[imap/notls] as ????@????? [on line 262 of "/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/lib/Auth/imp.php"]

I had the same problem, looked like Horde wasn't able to save a PHP login session.

Turned out for some reason I was missing "127.0.0.1" before "localhost" in my /etc/hosts file. Horde-login works now. At the same time I changed session.save_path to "/tmp" in php.ini.

Recreate the qmail files

Try recreating the qmail configuration files:
# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk -v

If you have a lot of mail boxes, the can take a very long time, but it will probably solve your problem.

I checked /etc/hosts and 127.0.0.1 is there. I also ran /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk -v. Still unabel to check mail.

Yes, I've rebooted this server many time already. Guess I'll just go with Cpanel.

Try to desactivate firewall iptables
Try telnet localhost 143
Is if ok and you used fedora v3 or v4, your problem is with selinux secure, selinux secure break connections socket, for resolved problem you desactive in system selinux with:

setenforce 0

and in boot of systen
nano /etc/sysconfig/selinux
SELINUX=disabled

Back