• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Plesk 9.2 -PleskMainDBException

Binesh S

Regular Pleskian
Hi

I got this error

ERROR: PleskMainDBException
<b>Source:</b> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server<br/><b>Description:</b> [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

0: common_func.php3:600
db_mssql_connection()
1: common_func.php3:629
reconnect()
2: common_func.php3:590
db_connect()
3: auth.php3:87

Let me know how to solve this issue

Thanks
Binesh S

Hi,

It seems that you are using MSSQL engine for the Plesk database. If so please be sure you have enabled TCP/IP and name pipe connction for the MSSQL isntance on which you have PSA db.

Hi,

It seems that connection strings to connect the SQL server for PSA DB is wrong. You can get the connection details from within plesk installation directory.

Also, be sure you are able to login to SQL server which contain PSA db through SQL management studio.

DB connected properly and I am able to connect PSA through SSMS. Still I am facing same problem every 24 hours

After changing DB from MSSQL to mysql database, Plesk got the following error

ERROR: PleskMainDBException DB query failed: Unknown error 0: common_func.php3:170 db_query(string 'set names utf8') 1: common_func.php3:625 reconnect() 2: common_func.php3:590 db_connect() 3: auth.php3:87

Hi,

Are you able to connect to the database & see tables with contents from any of MySQL tools ? (e.g. Mysql administartor)

Back