• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9.5.3 backup archives restoration as standalone files

V

vaida.dan

Short story long story, here's what happened: due to the recently-discovered proftpd exploit I got my server wiped.

Now I am looking at PhotoRec 6.11 as it recovers gz archives and xml files.

Recovering is successful so far in terms that I am able to recover .gz archives and xml files which have valid timestamps.

Thing is, when I open such archive (name is for example f36831232.gz) it contains a file which shows up as "0 bytes" in size and has the exact name as the archive, without the .gz extension. I try to unpack the file but I get myself an error.

No directory structure though, no .discovered folder(s), no original file names.

My question is: "will I be able to recover some data from those archives ?".

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks you.

What size of gz archive and how you have unpacked it? And how this archive has been created?

Hello Igor.

The size of the archives is variable. Anything from kb to hundreds of mbs. I am unpacking them using a little script i wrote:
for a in `ls -1 *.gz`; do tar -zxvf $a; done
This basically extracts everything in the archives but sometimes tells me that archives are corrupt though it extracts some of the contents.

Back