• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9.5.4 email issues.

PapaRaboon

New Pleskian
Please could someone give me a clue as to what they think could be causing this issue.

I have a server running Plesk Panel 9.5.4 and up until yesterday it was running well however yesterday afternoon it started to not allow through email to any of the users on the box if it is sent from an external source.

To make the explanation simpler
Lets say localdomain.com is on the Plesk server in question and remotedomain.com is on some other unrelated server like say a gmail account or an account on another ISP's mail server.

What Works.
Email can be sent to [email protected] from [email protected] if sent to it via the Plesk installed horde webmail.

Email can be sent from [email protected] to [email protected] using either the webmail or a mail client with the right authentication details.

What doesn't work
Email cannot be sent to [email protected] from [email protected] if sent to it using a mail client with the right authentication details.
Email cannot be sent to [email protected] from [email protected] using any method at all, mail client, webmail etc.

I'm using Qmail and greylisting is disabled.

Could it be DNS related maybe or something else.

I currently have a ticket open with the plesk team via 1&1 but it's been open on and off for 17 hours so as you can imagine my email hosting customers are getting pretty annoyed.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Back