• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9.5.4 upgrade to 11x - mysql-libs removal error

Katana

New Pleskian
Hello everybody,

I already have done three upgrades on similar servers (Centos 5x) from Plesk 9.5.4 to 11x version and everything went fine and without any problems. Then came upgrade for server no.4 and I got following error:

A dependency problem is found: required package mysql-5.0.95-1.el5_7.1.x86_64 conflicts with mysql-libs-5.0.86-1.el5.art.x86_64. No upgrade or obsolete solution was found for mysql-libs. Try to add mysql-libs to removable list.
Problem occured during searching conflicts for package mysql-5.0.95-1.el5_7.1.x86_64
Execute command /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/send-error-report install
Error: Unable to proceed with the installation until the package mysql-libs-5.0.86-1.el5.art.x86_64 is removed from the system.
Not all packages were installed.
Please resolve this issue and try installing the packages again.
If you cannot resolve the issue on your own, contact product technical support for assistance.

Of course, I can't remove mysql-libs or else I will kill Plesk. So, can I upgrade mysql via yum to 5.0.95 version (from 5.0.86) or maybe to force remove mysql-libs package without removing dep or something?

Thanks,
Igor

So, no suggestions yet?
Let me rephrase it then - Is it safe to manually update mysql to the version required by Plesk before auto-update to 11x?

Back