• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Administration Console Through Firewall

J

joleonekc

Hello,

I know this sounds like a n00b question. However, I am having some difficulties getting my Plesk Administration Console to work through my Watchguard Firebox x750e running Fireware 9.1.

I have opened all of the necessary ports to the VPS, and my firewall does not report that there were any errors during the session. However, I notice two odd things about this communication session.

1. In my firewall log, I notice that my machine receives a RST command from the hardware node address and not the VPS address.

2. My browser at the Plesk admin login page never denies or allows any authentication. When you enter a username and password (valid or not), the Plesk login page redirects to a plain white page (with nothing on it) and also then I get redirected back to the login page.

These issues happen everytime I try to use the IP address or FQDN to the VPS system.

As far as I am aware, my VZ/Plesk configuration is working well other than this issue. Also, I have ensured that I have allowed 'remote administration' in the Plesk Control Panel.

Any help that anyone could provide on this issue would be nice, as I need to start letting my production users into their new VPS systems.

I would also like to add that DNS, FTP, web(http) and email all work on this VPS. It's just the admin console that I am having issues with.

As far as I know Fireware is application level proxy or firewall, so you need to play with options, trying to edit rules.

John S.G.

Back