• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk AMI in VPC

Datanova

New Pleskian
Hi,

I'm running currently a view servers with Parallels Plesk on Linux in our own datacenter and want to plan to fully move them into AWS Sydney.
I'm planing to use the AWS AMI "Parallels Plesk Panel with PowerPack".
In order to this, could someone please help me with some questions:

- Can I run the machine within a VPC (as this is now default by Amazon)?

- As of the instances run of private IPs, would this be an issue for Parallels Plesk in terms of e.g. DNS and Mail?

- Can a Parallels Plesk instance in the VPC handle multiple IPs in terms of SSL for multiple customers?

Cheers,
Per

Hi,
- Can I run the machine within a VPC (as this is now default by Amazon)?
Yes you can. The only additional requirement is Public IP assigned to the instance on deployment. Also please note that by default VPC default security groups opened within the VPC subnetwork only.

- As of the instances run of private IPs, would this be an issue for Parallels Plesk in terms of e.g. DNS and Mail?
If you run Plesk on private IPs only the instance services be available within the network only. Sure you can manually configure the network to work via NAT but there are no build-in tools to configure it. The only supported way is direct ports mapping which actually equal Public IP assignment.

- Can a Parallels Plesk instance in the VPC handle multiple IPs in terms of SSL for multiple customers?
I'm not sure that this particular case was checked but I see no reasons to Plesk works incorrectly if every private IP associated with the Public IP. Some issues may occur on IPs reassociation in case of multiple IPs so it looks better to use already configured network interfaces with static private-public IP association.

Hi Ruslan,

thank you for your response. I will install a test instance and will try this out. I furthermore be informed about the following artictle:
http://kb.parallels.com/114216
It does not state the issue with multiple ips/ssls but may this is solved with the internal ips? Therefore having one external ip and multiple internal ips.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Back