• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk and 302 Redirects

tkalfaoglu

Silver Pleskian
Hi there.. Recently I tried a sitemap site on our company domain, www.kalfaoglu.net
and it kept returning "error while processing your site."

I checked the logs and it shows:
"GET / HTTP/1.0" 302 506 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; XML Sitemaps Generator; www.xml-sitemaps.com) Gecko XML-Sitemaps/1.0"

hence a 302. Now, our domain has a few aliases, like zenitbilisim.net, and a few others, but the main subscription is for "kalfaoglu.net" regardless.
So why is Plesk showing a redirect?
Btw I checked its settings and I do not have "preferred domain" set up in the web hosting settings. It is set to "none."

This happens with other sites as well, a customer has 3 aliases for 1 hosting, and even that one hosting shows a 302 redirect. In fact, that customer complained that he was no longer showing in the google indexes - and that started my whole investigation.

Many thanks,
-turgut

Last edited:
Hi,

- "domain1.net" forwarded to "domain1.net/index.php".
- "domain2.net" forward to "domain1.net", next again forward to "domain1.net/index.php".

I think you should find why happens to redirect to index.php.

Hi,
- "domain1.net" forwarded to "domain1.net/index.php".
- "domain2.net" forward to "domain1.net", next again forward to "domain1.net/index.php".
I think you should find why happens to redirect to index.php.

Many thanks. I don't remember doing anything special for those redirects. I'll try to investigate. I wonder if wordpress or something is redirecting..

Back