• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk API | Backup Error: Broken referencial integrity Mail id

Elompenta

Regular Pleskian
Hey to all,

since some days one Plesk 12.5.10 Server on Debian show the following error on nightly scheduled Backup.

Code:
Warning: domain "<domain>"
Broken referencial integrity: Mail id 2060 is not found in mail

- If i grep the whole PSA Databse, im not able find any ID with 2060
- Plesk reapir Command doesnt help

have you any idea what i can check to resolv this issue?

thanks and best regards
Sebastian

@Baebeca/Sebastion,

If you ask me, do not be bothered about missing one specific mail.

It can be the case that mail has been deleted (by the mail server) during the backup of just before the backup, i.e. the mail should not be there at all.

It can also be the case that, as a result of running the backup, some minor mishappening has occurred, i.e. the data stores and the mail data do not align (for some reason).

If the mail is still there on the server (i.e. not deleted), then it often (but not always) helps to use the autoinstaller (command line tool) and

- change from qmail to postfix (or postfix to qmail), and
- change (back) to the original mail server (postfix or qmail)

in order to have the problematic mail "reread" by the system.

Hope this simple work-around works.

Regards....

If you ask me, do not be bothered about missing one specific mail.

This is the id from an inbox, not from an email.
Plesk doesnt interpret the mailid from the mailsserver.

Plesk Database know a mailbox with this id, but this mailbox is not stored on the filesystem.
I cant find this id in the plesk database - so im wondering where the ID is get in the backup process.

Its the same ID in every backup error

@Baebeca/Sebastian,

To be honest, there are many (many) reasons why similar issues, like yours, can occur and it certainly is not possible to help you by making "educated guesses", as such necessary due to the lack of concrete information about setup, log lines etc. etc.

In short, a couple of lines with general information will not suffice: you will have to be more specific, otherwise it is rather difficult to resolve the issue.

Regards...

@Baebeca/Sebastian,

That would be: /var/log/plesk/PMM/backup-<date and time>/*.log

If you are going to post some log data, note that you can also start a conversation with me and include the (personal) data in the conversation.

Regards....

mmhhh
I've check the whole logfile - there is only one warning printed in the logfiles from the backup

Code:
Broken referencial integrity: Mail id 2060 is not found in mail

This is the same Information, that will show from the GUI
Any Idea how i can find the specific ID in the Plesk Environment?

A search in the PSA Database over all collums "LIKE '%2060%'" has no results

@Elompenta,

It can be the case that some information in the database has been altered, due to manual changes and/or usage of the plesk repair tool.

In that case, the error notification is not really notifying an error, in the sense that you can safely ignore the notification.

It seems to be the case that your specific situation involves a similar issue, being some database change that impacts id numbering.

In general, if you do not miss any mailbox and/or everything is working fine, just ignore the false negative (i.e. the unnecessary "error" notification).

Regards....

I think i have found new information with this backup issue.

Sometimes i remove in a cronjob old emailboxes via the Plesk-API
After remove an item this reference/integrity issue is shown in every backup

Any Idea? Have we a other User here that use the Plesk-API for removing Mailboxes with same issues?

is there no other they use the Plesk API to create/delete email boxes?

I get every night the following error from backup.
Is there no way to remove the reference manually?

I cannot found this id in Plesk Databses - is there any other place where it can be stored?

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <execution-result status="warnings" log-location="/opt/psa/PMM/sessions/2016-01-22-221202.700/migration.result">
  <object name="server" type="server">
  <object name="<domain>" type="domain" uuid="domain#<domain>">
  <message id="867e0246-95cd-4acd-8b01-6a51580c217a" severity="warning" code="BrokenDbIntegrity">
  <description>Broken referencial integrity: Mail id 6233 is not found in mail</description>
  </message>
  <message id="603ec63a-3152-4193-8fe3-852b406d213c" severity="warning" code="BrokenDbIntegrity">
  <description>Broken referencial integrity: Mail id 6235 is not found in mail</description>
  </message>
  <message id="f0dc0305-dee7-4b20-8175-2a9cbe3d5136" severity="warning" code="BrokenDbIntegrity">
  <description>Broken referencial integrity: Mail id 6234 is not found in mail</description>
  </message>
  </object>
  </object>
  </execution-result>

It helps, but now i get the errot for three other ids - recerate it again

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <execution-result status="warnings" log-location="/opt/psa/PMM/sessions/2016-01-23-221202.714/migration.result">
  <object name="server" type="server">
  <object name="<domain>" type="domain" uuid="domain#<domain>">
  <message id="cca06174-b6f7-44a5-8970-a643a226f1ad" severity="warning" code="BrokenDbIntegrity">
  <description>Broken referencial integrity: Mail id 6302 is not found in mail</description>
  </message>
  <message id="c9123ba4-f519-4439-8bfe-095aae9ffc39" severity="warning" code="BrokenDbIntegrity">
  <description>Broken referencial integrity: Mail id 6304 is not found in mail</description>
  </message>
  <message id="5ec43f09-52c3-492c-864c-100c6825b5db" severity="warning" code="BrokenDbIntegrity">
  <description>Broken referencial integrity: Mail id 6303 is not found in mail</description>
  </message>
  </object>
  </object>
  </execution-result>

Back