• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk Application permissions

galaxy

Regular Pleskian
I'm using plesk with PBAS to provision subscriptions.
I have it set to allow all users all applications in their permissions.
However, on all the subscriptions, under the "General" -> "Customize" -> "Applications" tab, it always has the checkbox: "Provide only applications that I select" checked, so they can't see any applications.

How can I get the checkbox unselected for every subscription (and any new subscriptions) ?

Thank you. I wrote a quick shell loop to disable the filter on all domains.
Is there a way to disable the filter on creation of new domains/subscriptions (done by PBAS)?

Hi galaxy,

please be a bit creativ... you can always use the Plesk Event Manager to define actions after a domain creation. Please see an example at:

Odin Knowledge-Base: KB - article 121 098

That'll work. I noticed that in the KB, they have different settings between Windows and Linux. I have Linux, but only see the Windows event title "Physical hosting created", which I selected. Also, I see the KB refers to <new_domain_name> as a parameter, but in the admin guide it refers to an environment variable NEW_DOMAIN_NAME. I put the <new_domain_name> parameter in for now, but was wondering which is correct:

/usr/local/psa/bin/subscription --disable-aps-filter <new_domain_name>

or

/usr/local/psa/bin/subscription --disable-aps-filter $NEW_DOMAIN_NAME

Hi galaxy,

Physical hosting created", which I selected.
This is the correct one.

/usr/local/psa/bin/subscription --disable-aps-filter <new_domain_name>
This is the correct usage.

You can always test your event-handlers, by creating a hypothetical domain in Plesk and check if the event-handler did the correct steps as defined.

Thanks. I'll do a test purchase from the PBAS store and verify the domain created is correct.

Back