• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Backup Recommendations

L

lkamenir

I would like to get recommendations on a strategy to back up all my Plesk configuration and the websites..

I would be using FTP out to another server..

If I backup the "vhosts" folder, would that be enough? What about the actual plesk config data.

Thanks.

It is enough to backup only Vhosts and dump of psa database because other data will be lost (databases etc.). It is better to use Plesks backup/restore utilities.

plesk backup...

What exactly does it backup?

web pages under vhosts?
mysql data?
plesk settings?
mail/mail enable setting?

Thanks.

while backup is in progres...

ok. one last question..

I notice that when I start a backup in plesk.. the site goes to the default plesk welcome page... is there a way I can dispay "site under maintenance" type page?

You can replace the plesk default page in /vhosts/default/htdocs/

Or you can tell it to not disable domains while backing up.

I do not see any option to not disable domains during backup..

and.. I do not have a plesk default page in httpdocs.. only my initial page..

I am using backup option within plesk ..

If you are using Windows Plesk Backup Utility from the start menu you can select to not suspend domains during backup.

If you are using the command prompt one you can use the plesk backup utility to create the backup settings file, and select do not suspend domains.

..\vhosts\default\htdocs\ There is an index.html This is the plesk default page.

Back