1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk backup / restore best practice

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by pstechnology, Mar 30, 2008.

1. pstechnology

pstechnology Guest

I have taken a full backup of my Plesk 8.2.1 server using the command:

/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup all /var/backup/fullbackup.bak

I now have a large file containing all my Plesk data, right?

So, according to the Plesk Backup and restore guide, when I restore I need to create a map file. Should this be done after creating the backup file so that the 2 can be kept together for future use, or is the map file something that is relevant to the time of the restore only?

When I create the map file anyway, I get a very lengthy message

Secondly...

I thought I would be clever and create a text file containing names of domains I want to backup. I then use the command:

/use/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup domains /var/backup/domains.bak -f=/var/backup/domainlist.txt

This fails with a messaage saying it cannot find the domains /var/backup/domains.bak.

I have tried switching the parameters around to no avail.

Does anyone have any pointers to these issues, or if i am tacking this in the wrong way.

Many thanks :)