• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk Backup: Some backup files (backup_user-data....tgzNN) not deleted in /var/lib/psa/dumps/domains?

B_P

Regular Pleskian
Dear all,

As my server was running full, I tried to check today which are the largest directories. Interesting finding:

In /var/lib/psa/dumps/domains/<admins-main-domain>/ there is a lot of files backup_user-data_<timestamp>.tgz or *.tgz<number>. Interestingly, many of these files are older than the maximum storage time for backups. In addition, since I am storing backup files (only) remotely (FTP / S3), I assume these files should not exist in this folder at all?

@IgorG Is it safe to remove these files given that the remote backup files seem to be ok? Any idea why these files exist locally?

Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS‬
Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update #82

In addition, since I am storing backup files (only) remotely (FTP / S3), I assume these files should not exist in this folder at all?
Any idea why these files exist locally?
Because they were not transferred successfully to remote storage for some reason. Backup logs should be deeply investigated for searching for these reasons.

Because they were not transferred successfully to remote storage for some reason. Backup logs should be deeply investigated for searching for these reasons.
The files were older than the oldest log entry, thus I deleted these files.

Hi @IgorG,
What should happen with files for instance at /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients in case I delete a subscription? I just figured out that files and folders in that directory do not get deleted.
Also, it looks like the .discovered subdirectory contains (in /var/lib/psa/dumps and /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/<client> and /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/<client>/domains/<domain>) an empty folder for every backup that had been made. In addition there seem to be tons of files mysql.preupgrade.apsc.*.dump.gz

Last edited:
Back