• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Backup to FTP-Repository stops during the transmission

D

Daniel Volz

Hi @AlL,

i have a little Problem using the Plesk Onyx 17.8 Backup-Manager with an external FTP-Repository and
maybe someone can help me with that.

The file transfer of the backup stops unexpectedly during the transfer (in my case always exactly at 187 MB).

My configuration:
  • I run a web server with ubuntu 16.04 LTS and Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update #9
  • I also have a Windows server running some backup tasks for MySQL, Email and Webfiles
  • On that Windows Server, theres an FTP-Server running (FileZilla Server)
What i have done:
  • FileZilla Server is Running
  • TLS is active
  • Passive Ports, Port 21 and 990 are opened in the Firewall
  • TLS Session resumption was turned off
When a Backup-Task with Plesk has started, Plesk opens the connection and starts the transfer. After a while (when 187MB are transfered) the transfer stops.

Trying to transfer a file from my local Computer to the FTP-Server,works without problems.

Does maybe someone has a possible solution for my problem?
The only working solution for me is just to split the archive size of the backup into 150MB packages.

Many thanks in advance and greetings from Germany,

Daniel

Have you tried to troubleshoot it with backup logs investigation?
Backup logs: /usr/local/psa/PMM/logs/backup-<datetime>

It looks like Plesk will first transfer a 180MB file and resume the connection at a later time.
In my case, the backup is over 22GB.

After Plesk has completely created the backup on the server, the connection to the 180 MB will be restored and the backup completes successfully.

Back