• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk Backup

Schneidi

New Pleskian
Hi,

i had to make backups via console with pleskbackup command and i used domains as option.

So now i have a tar file for each domain of my customers domains, how can i import now this domains ?

Can i do it via console whne yes how ? WHen over Plesk How ? i unpack 1 tar file in var/lib/psa/dumps and after a refesh i could see the backup after the restore i had the domain under my user but not customer so i deleted everything again but when i run it again it will not work also with the other files.

I hope i could get fast help, all domains must be up again tomorrow morning with emails.

THX
Schneidi

Hi,

thank you for the links.

I was able to get all Domains and E-Mails back but all running under my Admin account and not customer account.

I have a fullserver (Plesk) Backup which was a local backup so i will clear the /var/lib/psa/dumps folder , copy old Plesk backup in there, delete all Domains and E-Mail Accounts and use the Backupmanager of Plesk to re-install it i hope this will work.

But i have also some dumps before i re-installed the server (daily, mod_security) , i hope when i copy them also to the dumps folder i can use it too ? Or can re-create some data from them ?

Cya
Schneidi

Hi,

i restored my backup but Plesk gerante for all Logins, Email and Databases new passwords.... who should this work ?!

Cya
Schneidi

looks like i get it fixed by re-run plesk bin pleskrestore --restore and restore the latest tar files i created but for me is this a bug when someone do a Serverbackup and after a restore no password will not work anymore ...

The data backup program is means that user need to transfer text to computer for save , but do you know what i am worried about , if the connection has not been succeed connect , the data are so easy loss

Last edited:
Back