• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Backup

R

redmonkey

Hi,

some days ago I started the plesk backup. now my webhost changed to confixx. I've no idea how to restore the backup on the new system.

is there any way to open the backup-file and upload the files via FTP? or is there any other way to restore the backup?

Originally posted by redmonkey
Hi,

some days ago I started the plesk backup. now my webhost changed to confixx. I've no idea how to restore the backup on the new system.

is there any way to open the backup-file and upload the files via FTP? or is there any other way to restore the backup?

Backup file is a plain stupid old MIME archive containing all your data. Go and find any unpacker, there are plenty of.

Thanks a lot!

But i can't find any unpacker via google. So please post a link here.

Thanks a lot!

But i can't find any unpacker via google. So please post a link here.

I personally prefer 'munpack' from Debian 'mpack' package. Windowoze users may unpack it using WinRAR (not sure about WinZIP).

ok it's done (i didnt knew that it does'nt work without .mime)

now there are 33 files (Unknown.001 to Unknown.032 and 0001.txt)
what should i do with them?

ok it's done (i didnt knew that it does'nt work without .mime)

now there are 33 files (Unknown.001 to Unknown.032 and 0001.txt)
what should i do with them?

Every file is either the tar archive of the site contents or SQL script. I think it should be obvious after two-minutes looking at it.

sorry, but i dont know which file I have to open. some archives i opened with WinRar. inside them is only the file "unknown".
this is the tar archive and inside them are the normal files.

Are the mySQL-files the files with no "unknown" in them?

btw: sorry for my bad english

Back