1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk can't restart.

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by LucasVN, Mar 14, 2005.

1. LucasVN

LucasVN Guest

Hi,

My server was rebooted and after that Plesk won't start anymore. I'm using Plesk 7.5 under FreeBSD. Here is the message:

server# /usr/local/psa/rc.d/psa start
    named already running? (pid=303).
    Plesk: MySQL has been started
    ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
    Plesk: failed to start admin server
    Plesk: Apache server has been started
    Plesk: Qmail has been started
    psa: Courier-IMAP server has been started
    pg_ctl: Another postmaster may be running. Trying to start postmaster anyway.
    pg_ctl: cannot start postmaster
    Examine the log output.
    Plesk: pgsql has been started
    ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
    websrvmng: db_connect: failed to connect to database: Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
    websrvmng: db_connect: failed to connect to database: Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
    websrvmng: Unable to connect to the mysql database
    websrvmng: Unable to connect to the mysql database
    db_connect: failed to connect to database: Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
    Unable to connect to mysql database
    Plesk: failed to start SpamAssassin

Starting Dr. Web daemon...Dr.Web (R) daemon for FreeBSD/Plesk Edition, version 4.32.2 (2004-11-02)
    Copyright (c) Igor Daniloff, 1992-2004
    Doctor Web Ltd., Moscow, Russia
    Support service: http://support.drweb.com
    To purchase: http://buy.drweb.com

Engine version: 4.32b
    Loading /var/drweb/bases/drwebase.vdb - Ok, virus records: 51982
    Loading /var/drweb/bases/drw43201.vdb - Ok, virus records: 364
    Total virus records: 52346
    Key file not found!
    Plesk authorization failed: HTTP request error [7]
    Error: Plesk Software not running.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

2. chrome

chrome Guest

I am getting nearly the exact same error.

3. ncc@sgcom.com.s

ncc@sgcom.com.s Basic Pleskian

57%
    I have faced that problem before. However, it may be slightly different from yours. The reason that it failed me last time was that I was editing some configuration on MySQL database. As a result, it failed to restart on the MySQL, resulting Plesk unable to start.

You might like to check what you have done on the MySQL just before you did your reboot. If you can start your MySQL, Plesk will work.

Thanks

Ng Cher Choon