• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk can't restart.

L

LucasVN

Hi,

My server was rebooted and after that Plesk won't start anymore. I'm using Plesk 7.5 under FreeBSD. Here is the message:

server# /usr/local/psa/rc.d/psa start
named already running? (pid=303).
Plesk: MySQL has been started
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
Plesk: failed to start admin server
Plesk: Apache server has been started
Plesk: Qmail has been started
psa: Courier-IMAP server has been started
pg_ctl: Another postmaster may be running. Trying to start postmaster anyway.
pg_ctl: cannot start postmaster
Examine the log output.
Plesk: pgsql has been started
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
websrvmng: db_connect: failed to connect to database: Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
websrvmng: db_connect: failed to connect to database: Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
websrvmng: Unable to connect to the mysql database
websrvmng: Unable to connect to the mysql database
db_connect: failed to connect to database: Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
Unable to connect to mysql database
Plesk: failed to start SpamAssassin

Starting Dr. Web daemon...Dr.Web (R) daemon for FreeBSD/Plesk Edition, version 4.32.2 (2004-11-02)
Copyright (c) Igor Daniloff, 1992-2004
Doctor Web Ltd., Moscow, Russia
Support service: http://support.drweb.com
To purchase: http://buy.drweb.com

Engine version: 4.32b
Loading /var/drweb/bases/drwebase.vdb - Ok, virus records: 51982
Loading /var/drweb/bases/drw43201.vdb - Ok, virus records: 364
Total virus records: 52346
Key file not found!
Plesk authorization failed: HTTP request error [7]
Error: Plesk Software not running.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

I have faced that problem before. However, it may be slightly different from yours. The reason that it failed me last time was that I was editing some configuration on MySQL database. As a result, it failed to restart on the MySQL, resulting Plesk unable to start.

You might like to check what you have done on the MySQL just before you did your reboot. If you can start your MySQL, Plesk will work.

Thanks

Ng Cher Choon

Back