• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Certificate CLI Tool Question

Chris1

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I am writing a bash script to loop through a number of domains using old default SSL certificates to use a new specific certificate.

I've read the documentation however there doesn't appear to be an option to assign a certificate to a domain.

The --assign-cert option seems to say what I want to do but it doesn't work.

To assign the SSL certificate named Site Certificate (from the administrator's repository) on example.com for use with IP address 192.0.2.78:

plesk bin certificate --assign-cert "Site Certificate" -admin example.com -ip 192.0.2.78

I tried doing this:

Code:
plesk bin certificate --assign-cert "New Certificate" -admin clientdomain.com -ip 111.111.111.111

But it comes up with this error:

Code:
Unknown option 'clientdomain.com': /usr/local/psa/bin/certificate --assign-cert New Certificate -admin clientdomain.com -ip 111.111.111.111

exit status 1

http://docs.plesk.com/en-US/12.5/cl...utilities/certificate-ssl-certificates.39009/

Is it possible to assign a new certificate to a clients domains via the CLI tool?

@Chris1

If I am not mistaken, you should replace "-admin" flag with "-domain":

plesk bin certificate --assign-cert "New Certificate" -domain clientdomain.com -ip 111.111.111.111

Hope this helps.

Regards

Hi @trialotto

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately that doesn't work either. The flag "-admin" is required to specify which repository the certificates resides in.

Looks like there is mistake in documentation. Look at the output of --help option:

Usage: certificate command <cert_name> [-domain <name>|-admin] [options]

As you can see you can use -domain <name> OR -admin parameters. There is clarification:

-domain <domain_name> Domain repository
-admin Administrator repository

Hi @IgorG

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately this doesn't help, I know about those parameters as I read the documentation.

Is there a way to apply an SSL certificate from the server repository to a specific domain?

Back